Dinner, Tuesday April 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...my DH is definitely being shortchanged. I am always impressed with the variety of good dinners you are all preparing. It's warm here today - 81F with 80% humidity. So I poached some salmon and made a pasta salad with cucumbers, celery, sweet peppers, hard cooked eggs, sliced olives, diced red onion. Made a sort of honey mustard/dill dressing. Not too bad. For dessert, the last of the double decker brownies....

Hmmm...my DH is definitely being shortchanged. I am always impressed with the variety of good dinners you are all preparing. It's warm here today - 81F with 80% humidity. So I poached some salmon and made a pasta salad with cucumbers, celery, sweet peppers, hard cooked eggs, sliced olives, diced red onion. Made a sort of honey mustard/dill dressing. Not too bad. For dessert, the last of the double decker brownies....

I wouldn't call that being short-changed! Hmm, decisions, decisions. Steak, Mango ginger chicken or poached salmon and a wonderful sounding pasta salad..... :ermm: ...well the brownie clinches the deal. I will be over as soon as I can! :LOL:

I'll bring the pear pie, we can have it after 'our' dinner, is it okay to bring DH too:LOL: pear pie is my favorite to make 'and' eat.

Sure come on over, but make it tomorrow, the menu changed. It was a LONG day today so made a switch, leftover-night moved from Wed to tonight and Wedneday will be the stir fry and pear pie. I just didnt' have the energy to cook tonight.

My pear pie recipe is one I came up with. Modified an Apple pie recipe and I use ginger as the main spice. :chef:

Last edited:
we grilled a riby eye that a marinated in a garlicky balsamic marinade. Also had roasted red potatoes and corn. Ice cream for dessert and also fresh pineaple, which I may throw on the grill.

Sent DH for pork chops to grill..He came home with those boneless, thin things that you can almost see through...:cry: so, I pounded them a little more, dusted with flour, dipped them in beaten egg then in soft crumbs, sauted in evoo and butter, finished off in the oven for about 15 min..Made a butter, sauce with white wine, and a touch of lemon, some garlic and parsley thickened it up byt reducing it then put it over the cutlets..Had some garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus with evoo and shaved parm, a green salad with pears and sliced almonds and light vinegrette with orange juice and evoo,dejon and honey dessert a tart with lemon curd topped with some whipped cream and raspberries..
kadesma:)

made pan grilled pork chops coated in panko, new potatoes with butter and a green salad. ate some graham crackers. blood sugar still low. going down more on latus tonight.

babe:chef:

I had what I said last night I would :)

Attachments

• Chicken & Slippery Dumplings2.jpg
    Chicken & Slippery Dumplings2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 178
Thanks suzi, I plan to.... if my BIL will eat something with onions in it. I plan to email my sister tomorrow morning.
BTW, isn't MN east of me? :huh: Guess you didn't want any :(

are you upside down today??? PA is stil Pennsyltuck..... I mean Pennsylvania right?:LOL:
Sorry. Have some friends in Harrisburg and Erie. I LOVE that joke!!! They dont. :angel:

Well, it was getting late.....
I thought MN stood for Maine, but thinking about it ME is probably Main, so MN might be Minnesota? Or Mexico, New? :wacko: Too many states that start with M in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom