Dinner - Tuesday, August 21st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Me? Probably Orange Chicken w/ the Mango Crab Rolls I made late last night. (mango+crab is simply delish)

another good sounding dinner, bbq mikey. (he likes it! hey mikey!)

dw promised to make me chicken parm tonight since i'm probably gonna just drop when i get home. only 2 more doubles to go this week. :wacko:

We're going to make a butt-can chicken with white wine and herbs. I'll probably make a caprese salad and maybe more pesto for bruschetta (I have some goat cheese for it now, from a suggestion last week).

A scicilian meat roll - it's like meatloaf, only rolled, with sliced smoked ham and fresh mozzarella inside. I make a light pomodoro sauce to go over it.

Gnocchi with garlic and romano cheese. Sauted zucchini.

This is for my kids..........I'm having spanish rice with the zucchini.

Something with chicken, mashed potatoes (which I am dying for) sliced tomatoes and salad.

For my husband, ham steak, potatoes, and broccoli. For me, some sort of beef stir fry with veggies. I find ham steak to be too salty for my taste.

I rubbed an eye of the round with garlic,salt,pepper,and evoo, wrapped it in foil and kept it cold all night. Now it's in the oven and will come out soon. When it cools down, I plan to slice it very thin, make an au jus and put med rare slices of meat on some nice french rolls and serve with the au jus on the side, some fries and a green salad will go with it and maybe some corn on the cob. Dessert, sliced peaches from the trees in the yard either cold or if I feel like it, made into a pie..We will see.
kadesma

I'm enjoying this last day of cool, rainy weather before the more typical heat and humidity returns.:( So I have a big pot of chili on the stove (with more than enough to freeze for the next cold rainy day) and will serve that with rice, shredded cheese, tomatoes from the garden and sour cream. We'll have a tossed salad, too, and for dessert, grilled slices of the banana bread I made this morning, topped with vanilla ice cream.:)

Pasta (prolly whole wheat spaghetti) with an uncooked sauce of fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil and great evoo... one of my favorite summer pleasures. :chef:

Pasta (prolly whole wheat spaghetti) with an uncooked sauce of fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil and great evoo... one of my favorite summer pleasures. :chef:

That's one of my favorite summer sauces, too. When every ingredient is truely fresh, there's no better flavor!!!! Enjoy!

We're having penne pasta with homemade roasted tomato sauce, Italian sausage, ground chuck, mushrooms, fresh basil and freshly grated parmigiana reggiano, with toasted buns on the side.

Last edited:
thai eggplant curry w/ tofu over coconut rice :) I made quite a bit though, so I'll be eating this one for a few days.

For my husband, ham steak, potatoes, and broccoli. For me, some sort of beef stir fry with veggies. I find ham steak to be too salty for my taste.

That's interesting. I wonder how many other couples cook two totally different meals in the evening based on different tastes?

Nothing special here, we had chilli-con-carne.

That's interesting. I wonder how many other couples cook two totally different meals in the evening based on different tastes?

Essentially never here. There are virtually no differences in the things Buck and I like and/or dislike. Makes cooking very, very easy. And, thankfully, this was true when the children were at home.

I sure don't :) I make salads in individual bowls and will prep, say, a bowl of chopped raw onions when we're having tacos, since he likes them raw and I don't. But not two different meals.

Nothing special here, we had chilli-con-carne.
At first, I was gonna say not here but then I got to thinking about it and that kind of happens at my house too. When I was growing up, children were expected to eat everything on their plates. I understand that better now, but it was awful for me as a child. I didn't develop an eating disorder, I just ended up having a bad feeling about mealtimes. (Maybe it has something to do with my terrible cooking skills now.) Anyway, as a parent, I have never made any of my 7 children eat anything they didn't want to. However, it's difficult to make a meal where 8+ people like every dish. So I make one meal (trying to make sure there is at least 1 thing everybody likes), and then those that don't care for anything served will make themselves something else. So yeah, there have been many times that several people had different things for dinner. (But mama bear only makes 1 meal ... period!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom