Dinner, Tuesday, July 31?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I can't believe it's the end of July already!!!:wacko:

Here, what we have for dinner depends on what I find in the tomato patch. If there are any ripe, we'll have BLTs with peppered bacon and a tossed salad. If none are ripe enough yet, it'll be cheese omelets, bacon and English muffins with homemade strawberry jam.

pounded out some chicken breasts and will make a chicken milanese, Angel hair pasta with evoo, fresh chopped tomatoes,basil,sweet onions, some battered and fried artichoke heart pieces and some fruit from the nectarine and peach trees sliced and iced;) No dessert, I need a break:LOL:

kadesma

I woke up with such a craving for chili that I just finished making a big pot. I couldn't wait so I'm having a bowl for lunch.....LOL! I know its not the weather for this but who cares the tastebuds overruled. We'll have grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with it. This meal always warms my heart and soul.....its comfort food and reminds me of mom.

I'm not sure yet. I have a sick child on my hands. I have hamburger meat thawing out. Cheeseburgers on the grill perhaps or a quick meatloaf. I will have to have DH stop and pick up some lettuce and tomatoes. Neighbor gave us some cucumbers from his garden. So maybe a salad as well. Not sure what else. It's up in the air. I'm going into my 9th month of pregancy and dinners will be probably thought up one day at a time and most likely will be as easy as they can get. It will depend on many factors both before and after the baby is born. Lately, I've been pretty tired.

Perennial favorite is going to be Thai Fish Cakes.

Normally accompanied by a sweet-chili dipping sauce but I ran out last time I served this and ended up using a Chinese Plum sauce (normally had with duck). I must say it went VERY well.

Not sure what else to serve it with - salad probably unless I get some divine inspiration from somewhere!

Well, here at work they are getting burgers, fries and coleslaw with either apple or blueberry pie for dessert.

At home, Ken is going to BBQ pork steaks, and we will have a lovely fresh green salad and I have no idea what carb he will do. I'm going to guess pasta as potatoes might be too tough to coordinate and he hates rice. LOL.

Fried Chicken with some slaw and fries :cool:

so im havin a guilty pleasure day so what.

I made some homemade meatballs and a quick version homemade sauce with spagetti. it's almost done so soon we will be having a yummy spagetti dinner.

I made chicken fajitas with store packaged southwestern flavored chicken strips. I did the onions and peppers, added chicken to heat and boy was that chicken awful. Slippery, fatty, just plain yuk. Never again will I try a shortcut like that. All the work for toppings and such just to have an inferior product. Oh well my ice cream sandwich was good.

We're having breakfast for dinner - pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. The kids get the urge for this sometimes since none of us are big eaters in the morning.

:) I cooked up some butter beans with a smoked ham hock yesterday I usually make corn bread and salad but the beans are so good we cant eat it all and rather only eat the beans.

:)
Fisher's Mom said:
We're having breakfast for dinner - pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. The kids get the urge for this sometimes since none of us are big eaters in the morning.
:) I also make breakfast for dinner as we dont eat full breakfasts anymore its always a treat to us.

Sauteed asparagus, yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, bay scallops, olive oil, chili flakes, s&p, tossed with Barilla Plus pasta. I got this organic bread that was awesome and we dipped in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, chili flakes. Verdicchio for a beverage. :chef:

we had dw's meatloaf again, with the new york bold onions. and boiled spuds, cheesey broccoli, and i made a salad from my garden of mesculun, cukes, zukes, and tomatoes, in ranch dressing.

ya know, i hated meatloaf as a kid, but these onions make this more than just edible. very tasty, in fact. i'm starting to think my wife might be worth keeping... :)

here's the onion link again: New York Bold Onions

Back
Top Bottom