Dinner, Tuesday June 19, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef

If I can find these ingreds at Trader Joe's, I'll attempt this. This risotto is one I've been wanting to try but the difficulty level may be too much for me, we'll see if I can find the stuff first. Decided on this after watching Michael Lomanaco on Epicurious. His warm red slaw [not the turkey today] with the yogurt glazed chicken.​

So what's on your table tonight?​

Have a great Tuesday...​

Last edited:
working on clearing out the freezer in hopes of a bountiful garden harvest, now if only it would rain:huh:

ham and bean soup with, thankfully, pre sliced NY Times bread, I mostly seemed to have frozen that bread in chunks:rolleyes:

bethzaring said:
working on clearing out the freezer in hopes of a bountiful garden harvest, now if only it would rain:huh:

ham and bean soup with, thankfully, pre sliced NY Times bread, I mostly seemed to have frozen that bread in chunks:rolleyes:

let's see, ham and bean soup, umm, if I hopped on a flight right now..........................:LOL: sounds wonderful

Havn't decided on anything to fully, but will most likely make orozo risotto (never tried it but it's from a new issue of Bon Appetite that I picked up and it looks good). may pick up some corn on the cob to grill or some such thing.
it's far to early to be thinking about dinner though!:wacko:

really don't feel like cooking tonight

think we will have chili cheese dogs i have some left over chili
i got out of the freezer and fries

Barb L. said:
Making pork fritter sandwiches out of tenderloin, corn on the cob, cole slaw, deviled eggs and baked beans .

barb l how do you make the pork fritters? i have never been able
to get them to turn out like the sandwiches you get at the local
pub.

i love them

Being all of us love tuscan melons, I'm trying a tuscan melon soup, along with that we will have some fried fish sandwiches with a spicy tartare sauce..I did the fried fish very early this morning and won't have to use the stove this evening..I plan to put the fish on some sliced and buttered, toasted french rolls, then add lettuce,and sliced onion..Plan to make the sauce with shallots,garlic,mustard,lemon juice and a little malt vinegar, blend them and then add some mayo, then add a few capers some chile powder and a couple of chopped gherkins and some sweet chile paste mix this all up and spread on the toasted rolls..I coated the fish with flour,chile powder,thyme,basil,and pan fried in evoo.. So we shall see what everyone thinks of this:LOL: Dessert,I had some puff pastry that I baked in a tart pan..I just mixed some mascarpone with sugar,OJ concentrate and orange zest creamed it then spread it in the tart shell and will top that with sliced fresh strawberris and pass some sweetened whipped cream..

kadesma

I am having Chef Caine's chicken cacciatore (Yes, Chef Caine's chicken cacciatore IS different from anyone else's chicken cacciatore. I use YELLOW plum tomatoes in mine), whole kernel corn, hot buttered carrots, and a diet Pepsi ( I prefer Coke, but Pepsi was on sale at Wallgreen's).

I want to see how my new enameled Dutch Oven handles a load of Beef Stroganoff, so that's for dinner. Of course, I need to polish off the last of the Bing Cherry Crisp I made last night, so I can clean out the Dutch Oven.

Penne pasta in tuna and cilantro cream sauce with rocket lettuce and fresh tomato stirred in afterwards. Sliced apples for salad.

Chicken Diavlo, Broccoli and Pasta Side.

Chicken is cut into strips and floured and than placed in pan that already has (melted butter, oregano, fennel seeds, and crushed red pepper). Fill pan up with red or white wine and cook until chicken is finished. Pour in small amount of tomatoe sauce toward end. YUMBO JUMBO.

Too hot to cook.

Cherry Blintzes
Blueberry Blintzes
Sour Cream
Potato Pancake
Applesauce
Ice Cream

Back
Top Bottom