Dinner Tuesday March 8 - Pancake Tuesday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Can't believe Lent starts so late this year! Anyway, we will either have potato pancakes or breakfast for dinner tonight. What are you having?

Easter can fall at the earliest on March 22nd and at the latest April 25th. This year Easter is one day short of the latest it can occur.

I'm busy making bagels today so dinner will be leftover braised short ribs from Sunday.

Can't believe Lent starts so late this year! Anyway, we will either have potato pancakes or breakfast for dinner tonight. What are you having?

Breakfast for dinner! I love it! Making Buckwheat blueberry pancakes and sausages for dinner tonight. ;)

We're going out to eat at our favorite New Orleans seafood restaurant to celebrate Mardi Gras. (Hey, Constance and Kim!!!!) They put on a huge event every year and we always have a ball. Lots of goofy costumes on the staff, gobs of colored beads, etc., plus we'll feast on all manner of delicious seafood. I'm particularly interested in attacking the all-you-can-eat crab legs. Those crustaceans are in real trouble when I'm around. Glenn has a hankering for shrimp. When we get home, if we're not too stuffed, we'll have some of the King Cake I made yesterday.

I'll probably throw a steak on the grill. I've got some EVOO made up with garlic and seasonings in it from yesterday's grilled tomatoes, so I'll use that up on some garlic bread. A couple smashed redskins on the side and maybe a salad for something green.

will be having rice, orzo with mushrooms and seasoning,onions,garlic, pork chops, baby carrots with ginger . black pepper brown sugar and butter, sliced avocados, sliced artichke hearts, thin sliced romaine, with slat and pepper, evoo nd lemon, homemeade biscuits with honey
kadesma:)

"Mac and Cheese My Way". WC shrimp were on sale and there is plenty of tasso in the deep freezer.;)

Craig

either chicken tacos us leftover roasted chicken.or leftover chicken , sweet potato,baked. and brussel sprouts roasted.

i am leaning toward the tacos. spent the afternoon cleaning out the walk-in closet in my bedroom. bagged up six large garbage bags full and several appliances. marked and on front porch for Viet Nam vets. pooped.

Well we had potato pancakes as lunch at work today was blueberry pancakes (June, you must have sent your thoughts to our cook!) and I didn't want them twice. I did a plateful of pineapple and melon as a side dish and we called it dinner.

I never think of King Cake. Katie, what recipe do you use? Is it on here somewhere?

Pancakes, bacon and sausage. Have to use up all the good stuff before Lent or it will go to waste! ...of course I am rather fond of pretzels, which are a traditional Lenten food.

Back
Top Bottom