Dinner Tuesday, May 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
new semester is today so i'm probably cooking at school.

Last edited:
I can't decide. I have 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts thawing out right now. I need to do some recipe searching and get some inspiration.

It's Chinese tonight. Beef and broccoli.

Bought broccoli for bbq last friday and grilled zucchini instead. Now the 2 of us need to eat all the broccoli that we bought for 8. It's "something" and broccoli every night this week.

There are some leftover of brussel sprouts and cheese casserole from yesterday to finish... then I also made a sugo with bell peppers and caper, I am still undecided whether to serve it with pasta, couscous or quinoa...:rolleyes:

I bought some nice lamb chops at Costco yesterday, so I think I'll marinate them for a bit in olive oil,lemon,garlic and rosemary and cook them on the grill. Sides will be rice and broccoli and carrots:)

Diane1415 said:
Pasta is easy - couscous is fast - but Quinoa is awsome paired with those

You are absolutely right, Diane... I think I will go with Quinoa!! Thanks for helping me with the decision:chef:

As much as I love Taco Bell, I love home made even better--so that is what we are having tonight. Yay! TACOS!!!!!!!! I can taste them already! Pass the sour cream and guacamole!

:) Barbara

Chicken scallopini, broccoli and brown rice with mushrooms.Just me and my son Dennis for dinner-so we'll be seeing this later in the week too!!

We have a $135 5-course prix fix special wine tasting menu tonight with Trefethen Vineyards. Some guys from the winery will be here pouring the wines at the tables and talking with the guests. I'm doing the salad and demi-entree course. The Restaurant Chef is doing the appetizer and entree. The dessert is from our pastry department as always. We'll be pouring the Viogner and Dry Riesling (with my dishes), and the Pinot Noir and HaLo Cabernet (lucky bastard) with the Chef's dishes. The dessert will get a pour of the Late Harvest Rielsing. We're supposed to also visit the tables while our course is being served and speak with the guests as well. Oh joy.

I should actually get back to prepping. :wacko:

I drove back home last night so I could bring my grill back to blomington with me today! Then came the sad realization that I had nothing to grill, except some corn. While it's tempting, I think I'll save my charcoal for another occasion.

It will be leftovers tonight, if my g/f left me any :)

since we've both been out working in the yard, it's hot and we are planning to just grill a chuck steak I have marinating, have some fruit salad, garlic cheese bread and ice cream for dessert.

kadesma:-p

i'm gonna have a French meal tonite, instead. my fellow foodies, you may well love this city. restaurants abound. many choices.
or my miso soup.

Last edited:
We have leftover baked potatoes, which my husband is going to cut into wedges and fry.
In the 20 years we have been married, he has always said no to salmon patties. I jokingly mentioned that for supper tonight, and Kim said he wouldn't mind if they didn't have those little "crunchie things" in them. I promised to pick out the bones, so salmon patties it is. (There's also half a leftover ribeye for him to fall back on.)

I'm making salmon confit with cucumber salad and horseradish cream sauce... should be tasty. :)

Dinner will be chili dogs! I forgot to set the frozen prime rib out this morning so there will be no cheese steaks today. ****! Ah well, good eating tomorrow!

ironchef said:
We have a $135 5-course prix fix special wine tasting menu tonight with Trefethen Vineyards. Some guys from the winery will be here pouring the wines at the tables and talking with the guests. I'm doing the salad and demi-entree course. The Restaurant Chef is doing the appetizer and entree. The dessert is from our pastry department as always. We'll be pouring the Viogner and Dry Riesling (with my dishes), and the Pinot Noir and HaLo Cabernet (lucky bastard) with the Chef's dishes. The dessert will get a pour of the Late Harvest Rielsing. We're supposed to also visit the tables while our course is being served and speak with the guests as well. Oh joy.

I should actually get back to prepping. :wacko:

Got a quick break between courses so here are the dishes I made for the dinner. The salad is my version of a tweaked insalada caprese. The dressing is made from Spanish olive oil, pancetta, aged balsamic vinegar, and capers. The demi-entree is a veal scallopine with a mirin, ginger, and brown butter emulsion, shanghai noodles "al olio", oven roasted tomaotes, grilled portobello, pea shoots, and sauteed vegetables. The salad was paired with the viogner and the veal with the riesling.

Attachments

• capresesalad.jpg
    capresesalad.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 256
  • vealscallopini.jpg
    vealscallopini.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 212

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom