"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #21
Senior Cook
 
Flourgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Posts: 366
Pork chops and scalloped potatoes here.
__________________
Finally reached my goal weight- 120 lbs- & never going back!
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #22
Executive Chef
 
LEFSElover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...lala land..............
Posts: 3,697
Morrocan for me and a friend, hoping for the cinnamon chicken, the eggplant salad and lots of hummus, olives, dates, and fruit
__________________
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 107
Beef sausage, cottage fried spuds and a crisp salad. Rainy day food
Nancy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #24
Head Chef
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa!!!
Posts: 1,113
Easy, fish from the freezer and homemade mac n cheese, green beens. It's a gorgeous 82 degrees!!!....with rain on the way, again.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
i had a kfc snacker the one with crispy chicken. heart attack on a bun. went shopping with a friend. on feet to long so knees are hurting again. just don't feel like standing to cook. kfc is on the way home, lol.



babe
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 16,142
Something Mexi. No energy or inspiration today. Think I have a touch of (late) spring fever.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
The plan was to make spaghetti. The burger is thawed, the hot sausage it thawed, the shrooms need used up...... but man am I whooped. I just got inside to feed my own poochies after what seemed like putzing around outside all day. My turn next, once I get back up that is
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 3,381
My SIL was in Montreal yesterday, and brought us back Montreal Smoked Meat and real rye bread! Homemade fries , real kosher dills, oh, life is good!!!!
__________________
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #29
Senior Cook
 
Clienta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 328
With this pregnancy I've had weird cravings so for dinner I had tomato & basil soup, macaroni & cheese & coleslaw, my two year old loved it.
Clienta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
I decided to start frying some chopped up bacon, add some broccoli I want to use up, a lot of spinach, onion, garlic, slivered almonds......
I'm having concoction tonight. The spaghetti will wait til tomorrow.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #31
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
Can you believe we had left over Panang so we had that again tonight, that makes three days in a row. I begged DW to make something else (I overdid it yesterday and am too sore to cook tonight) but she was too tired herself.
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #32
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
My SIL was in Montreal yesterday, and brought us back Montreal Smoked Meat and real rye bread! Homemade fries , real kosher dills, oh, life is good!!!!
Oh, Loprraine the memories you bring back - I am sooooooo envious!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #33
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I decided to start frying some chopped up bacon, add some broccoli I want to use up, a lot of spinach, onion, garlic, slivered almonds......
I'm having concoction tonight. The spaghetti will wait til tomorrow.
Hmmmm, me thinks Popeye would not approve....but I think it sounds great.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
I gotta look up panang, Buddy. Everytime you mention it I have no idea what you're talking about, but it must be good. I'll have to give it a try.

Popeye can stick to canned spinach (which reminds me, I have to find a use for the canned spinach I have in the cupboard ) Been a while since I had any of that

I bought something the other day and added that to see what would happen, balsamic vinegar..... pretty good stuff. Sweet. I added a little grated cheese, too, for my dairy product tonight
I have to say, I never thought anything I fix on a regular basis would consist mostly of veggies, but I always make this (basically) so I must like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	May 6 veggies & bacon.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	4009  
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #35
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Popeye can stick to canned spinach (which reminds me, I have to find a use for the canned spinach I have in the cupboard ) Been a while since I had any of that

I bought something the other day and added that to see what would happen, balsamic vinegar..... pretty good stuff. Sweet. I added a little grated cheese, too, for my dairy product tonight
I have to say, I never thought anything I fix on a regular basis would consist mostly of veggies, but I always make this (basically) so I must like it.
This looks delicious, pacanis. My kind of meal. As for the canned spinach, I honestly don't think I have ever tried it....only fresh or frozen.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 AM   #36
Head Chef
 
Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,810
YUM! pacanis!
__________________
www.Mamas-Southern-Cooking.com
Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire
 
suziquzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 11,488
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I gotta look up panang, Buddy. Everytime you mention it I have no idea what you're talking about, but it must be good. I'll have to give it a try.

Popeye can stick to canned spinach (which reminds me, I have to find a use for the canned spinach I have in the cupboard ) Been a while since I had any of that

I bought something the other day and added that to see what would happen, balsamic vinegar..... pretty good stuff. Sweet. I added a little grated cheese, too, for my dairy product tonight
I have to say, I never thought anything I fix on a regular basis would consist mostly of veggies, but I always make this (basically) so I must like it.
Glad you found some inspiration for your spinach!
Boy, I better get on the ball, Pacanis is able to teach cooking these days.
Looks good. I still have my bag of spinach. It may be compost by now.
__________________
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Thanks guys.
Teach cooking????? Are you nuts, Suzi?!
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #39
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
I love Panang, and not that hard to make if you have a grocery store nearby that has a good ethnic isle. It is a medium hot curry, peanut based so has a kinda nutty consistency dark brown to medium brown. Best with beef IMHO.
Another easy one to make, and good for you, is Pad Thai. We don't get all fancy with it, just the rice noodles, Pad Thai sauce, tofu or chicken, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, and a squirt of lime. You can top with crushed peanuts if you like, I do.
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Would you like to post your recipe here under whatever category it fits, Mav?
I'm looking for something different to try.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.