Dinner Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's a shame that I'm the first post...all we had were our leftovers from last night's Epic dinner.

I'm pretty sure the rest of you had more exciting meals...

I'll see your leftovers and raise you more leftovers. We had L/O ACS. No time devoted to cooking meals before Thanksgiving.

We had white bean and Italian sausage stew / soup. I have made it with young rainbow chard before, but this was the first time I made it with kale. The kale had better texture, but the chard had better flavour. The kale was also a lot more work. It was good. We ate too much. There is close to two litres left. We had it with some gluten free, multi-grain baguette. Bleh. That was the blandest bread I remember eating, ever. The reason I wanted to try it was that it didn't have soy and it's really hard to find multi-grain bread that doesn't.

White bean and Italian sausage stew, close up.jpg White bean and Italian sausage stew,.jpg

I made 2 batches of oven-baked mac and cheese. The first was made with 2 cups uncooked elbow mac, 1 cups sharp cheddar, 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar, an a quarter cup of cream cheese. Cook pasta until slightly undercooked, drain, place in buttered casserole dish. Stir to coat in butter. Heat 1/2 cup milk, plus 1/4 cup heavy cream until it steams. Add cheeses, and a tbs. yellow mustard, a little at a time, and stirring after each cheese addition until smooth. When a;; of the cheese has been incorporated into the sauce, add fold into the pasta. Cover, and bake at 350' F. for 35 minutes. Remove casserole lid, and sprinkle with buttered panko breadcrumbs. Return to oven and bake ten minutes more. Serve.

Mac & cheese #2
Same as above, only using 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, 1 cup gruyere, and 1 1/2 cups colby-jack. Also, increase uncooked pasta (medium shells) to 2 1/2 cups, and milk t 1 cup.

I made the first batch on Monday, not knowing my son was bringing home pizza. DIL got home and informed me that I needed to make more, as her grandparents would be arriving on Tuesday. That's why I made the 2nd batch yesterday. Both batches came out perfect, with the slightly undercooked pasta absorbing the excess liquid, and coming out cheesey, and al dente. Everyone gave me compliments. I'm just glad Imwas able to make something everyone liked.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Certainly no excitement here.

We were out shopping for TG relish plate items and stopped for hot dogs. (I love hot dogs)

Later in the day, I made a small dry run relish plate to share, of the goodies we picked up for the holiday relish plate.

We chose well. :yum:

Ross

Granddaughter (10) and I prepared dinner. Sheet pan Chicken Thighs with Quartered Potatoes. Steamed Broccoli with a cap of Cheddar. She did fantastic.

After, still at the table, she polished off the rest of the head of Broccoli (I think I watched her with my jaw hanging down!) By that time she was permitted to eat it with her hands, ripped them into florets, munched the heads off and crunched her way down the stems! It was maybe just under half the head. So much for leftovers! LOL

And my grandson (8) proceeded to gnaw the thigh bones down to the point we had to take them away when we heard the first crunch of bone. That now makes two of my grandsons who clean every bit of gristle off chicken bones :ohmy::ermm:

I made Taco Salads again. This time, I remembered the photo. They were not quite as browned as they look in the picture. 8-inch flour tortillas baked in the oven in a mold. Filled with refried beans, l/o roasted chicken that was reheated with salsa, homegrown lettuce and green, chopped tomatoes, topped with salsa, shredded cheddar, sour cream and guac. Yummy and they hit the spot!

IMG_5867.jpg

Back
Top Bottom