Dinner Tuesday Oct. 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Thick bean soup over crusty bread, sprinkled with chopped onion, crispy bacon and dash of vinegar. Cake for dessert--- rainy-cloudy day! Have a good one !! :) Thanks for the idea Kadesma-- taking hot dogs out of the freezer now !

Last edited:
Dad's Pinto beans, homemade french bread and butter, green salad,and several hot dogs grilled for the DH to cut up in his beans then brownie with a fudge topping and vanilla ice cream..

kadesma:)

Farm chickens being delivered today, so likely roast chicken with stuffing, taters in some form and a cooked veggie. I'll see how my energy level is and they'll either get ice cream or a baked dessert.

well I`m not quite sure, it`s some sort of German sauasage with Chili peppers in it, it looks a bit like Bratwurst, and we`ve never tried it before, so this should be interesting :)
also Ranch salad (again) but we Do love that stuff, esp with Feta cheese and avocado added to it.
and I simply Must try my newly bottled chili sauce also :))

Tuscan Rigattoni - Rougattoni with crumbled italian sausage, diced tomatoes and carrots, garlic, canellini beans, and fresh basil.

I'm feeling kind of bluesy today so some comfort food is what I have planned......meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

salmon rubbed with curry, baked spuds with dill chives and yogurt cheese, greens of some sort sauteed with garlic no doubt

ham with a brown sugar glaze ( THANK YOU!!!)
and baked sweet potatoes.

We'll have some salad left over from last night too.

I'm making the same thing as Sizzlin, but having peas instead of green beans and some gravy for the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Roast Turkey, (the turkey that I pulled from the freezer on Friday was ready today:) ) mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.

FINALLY I am going to make my French Onion soup - we'll have ham and provolone paninis.

I sure would rather have my pork, veal, and beef meatloaf with portabella mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes with some...................um.........Brussels sprouts.

leftovers, need to finish Kadesma's tomato and cheese thingy, (how many times have I made that this fall?), and the rest of last nights pasta with sauteed broccoli and garlic and parm cheese. Tomorrow I get to make something fresh, wonder what that might be? Probably something to do with potatoes. Just got in a 1/2 hog, but I need to finish up some goat meat (30 pounds:wacko:) before I cook any pork. Started to can potatoes yesterday, we may have gotten over 500 pounds of spuds, maybe more! So I have seriously been looking at potato recipes...

cooked my jake navy bean soup 'cept i added corned beef.
alright, ought to get showered; restaurant guy asked me to meet him in a few hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom