Dinner Tuesday, September 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having fried grouper fillets and cole slaw. My oven roasted tomatoes should be ready about the same time we eat supper, so I may also have a couple of those.

I just finished up my steak and potatoes. I decided to also make some soup from the mussel sauce I had left over the other night, grilled zucchini and a salad with lots of crumbled blue cheese on it. So much so, that I had to stick it in the fridge cuz it was stinkin' up the kitchen :LOL:

Attachments

• steak 9-16.jpg
    steak 9-16.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 178
LP,

The chops came out great. They always do. It is one of my favorite meals.

I tried a new recipe for the cauliflower, I usually just steam it but this time I steamed it, topped it with a mixture of breadcumbs, melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, summer savory, and dry mustard then baked it at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. YUM! :)

I steam a whole head of cauliflower, mix 1 part prepared mustard with 3 parts mircle whip (mayo, for you die hards). Spread on Cauliflower, pack shredded sharp cheese all over. Bake 350, until heated and cheese is melted.:chef:

In my cupboard, I found a jar of Emelia's Sweet Serendipity Sauce which is used as a baste for meats, seafood, veges, etc (according to the label). As it is on its last legs (exp date wise), I figured I would baste the BBQ pack that I picked up cheap with it. So I had a small minute steak marinated in the sauce, a plain lamb chop (in case the sauce sucked!) and a couple of vege/potato patties (store bought but were taking up room in the freezer). bit too much chilli heat for my taste buds but most others would think it mild and the heat is an after taste, not in your face. Happy to finish the jar but probably wouldn't buy it again. Kinda costly in my opinion. I tend to like just keeping the meats plain with a bit of gentle seasoning, or with Worcestershire sauce or balsamic vinegar instead.

Did the rest of the pack (except the sausages) to have cold so the steak is going to be part of a salad in the next couple of days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom