Dinner Wed 9/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jake had bisquits w/ chicken ala king & taters, with fanned strawberries for dessert that i sieved sugar onto, with whipped cream. i didn't cook my dinner yet.

Last edited:
ronjohn55 said:
what beer? And what to have on the pizza? :ohmy: Decsions, decisions...

John
have you gotten ricotta & grn. olive before? delicious!
or a blank crust w/ feta? as for your booze, well, that's 'bout what i'm going to get. mmmmm....... pizza & alcohol.

Last edited:
I had to go to the dentist ane get a broken crown replaced this morning, but I have a wonderful dentist, who never hurts me, so no problem.
Our son came back from visiting his mom today, so after the dentist, I took my chauffeur (crazy girlfriend), son and fiance out for lunch to this little local mom & pop place called "Bennet's Cafe". They have daily specials for $5.25 with 3 sides, or you can order from the menu, which has things like fried bluegill, frogs legs, their smoked pork, etc. The dinners also have 3 sides, or they have really great burgers and other sandwiches, and nice salads.
They also have good pies and desserts.
Sonny Boy had a cheeseburger like one I'd make at home, fries, and blackberry cobbler. His lady had a really nice taco salad in one of those big fried tortillas, and strawberry shortcake. Girlfriend and I had Country fried steak, mashed potatoes and cream gravey. She had a small salad and baked beans for her other two sides...I had green beans and pickled beets. That meat was not greasy, very crispy, and so tender you could cut it with a fork...it just melted in your mouth.
Everything tasted delicious, the service was great, and the bill for the four of us was $32 plus tip.
Beat the heck out of going to Applebey's.

Last edited:
SizzlininIN said:
Tacos with Fresh Homemade Salsa and Guacomole. And along side it Black Bean Salsa.

Kadesma had posted a recipe for the Black Bean Salad or Salsa some time back. I couldn't remember the exact ingredients when I went to the store today but had a general idea. Sure enough I forgot the green onions. I ended up adding red onion vs. green onion plus these things .... S & P, Jalapeno (minced) and fresh lime juice and an extra clove of garlic. It turned out really good......thanks for the base recipe Kads!
So glad you like the salad Sizz, the red onion to me is just as good or even better than the green ones., because they are sweeter.Thanks for letting me know...

kadesma:)

I started a pot of pinto's last night so we are having my dad's beans, green salad, warm sliced french bread and some cornbread for those who want it...I made some cookies and those can be had with ice cream if anyone wants dessert tonight..DH is grilling some linguica for the meat lovers to have with their beans...

kadesma said:
I started a pot of pinto's last night so we are having my dad's beans, green salad, warm sliced french bread and some cornbread for those who want it...I made some cookies and those can be had with ice cream if anyone wants dessert tonight..DH is grilling some linguica for the meat lovers to have with their beans...

delicious. just sent my baby to work. i'm lonely & that kind of meal would give me a smile. mmmm......

luvs said:
delicious. just sent my baby to work. i'm lonely & that kind of meal would give me a smile. mmmm......
Well shoot, If I'd know, I'd have sent ya some:LOL: How are you? It's good to see you here.

kadesma said:
Well shoot, If I'd know, I'd have sent ya some:LOL: How are you? It's good to see you here.

great, kads, thanks for asking. you doing well? kinda have a broken arm, &*@#!!!!!

luvs said:
great, kads, thanks for asking. you doing well? kinda have a broken arm, &*@#!!!!!
Posted earlier, guess I hit the wrong button:LOL: What did you do, you need to be more careful. I am great:)

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom