Dinner, Wed. April 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken mole chalupas on toasted corn tortillas, topped with Mexican blend cheese, sour cream and salad

Last night the husband was having dinner out with friends after work, so I made myself some "comfort" food my grandmother used to make - sauteed chicken livers.

Just a pound of chicken livers, rinsed & trimmed, sauteed in an obscene amount of butter until done to taste (I like mine well-done & slightly browned/crispy outside), then doused with a goodly amount of fresh lemon juice, a couple of tablespoons of caraway seeds, & salt & black pepper to taste.

My grandmother used to serve these as an appetizer with those frilly toothpicks stuck in them, but I like to have them as a meal. Ahh - memories!!

My husband had a great day of fishing so we started with tuna sashimi as an appetizer, then took our fresh mahi mahi to a local restaurant, Fredy's. Fredy prepared it two ways....grilled with lime & garlic and baked with cilantro, spinach, onions, jalapenos, lime & butter topped with Mexican manchego cheese. Baked tomatoes & roasted potatoes too! It was yummy!

Back
Top Bottom