Dinner, Wed. April 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Whats everyone cooking tonight ? Iam clueless, need to go shopping today.

Just decided, making Paula Deen's Black Pepper Shrimp, creamy fettuccine w/butter, garlic, parm and red pepper flakes, salad and crusty bread.

Last edited:
It's my choice tonight, but I have no idea. Nothing really jumps out at me...

John

I have a pound of ground beef to cook with and I'm clueless as well.....

my interpretation of Red Beans and Rice

and NY Times bread

and, in an attempt to use up some frozen wild black raspberries before the new season creeps up, some raspberry muffins

DH is out of town and won't be home until really late again so we're having another we-like-it-he-doesn't dinner of fettuccine with peas and Parmesan. Strawberries for dessert as strawberries are Sofie's latest favorite food that she'd eat all day if she could (probably because they're pink!:rolleyes: :LOL: ).

I have really been watching what I eat so I can lose some weight. Tonight I am making a large salad with chicken in it and a low calorie dressing. As for desert I made some baked apples.

We've had soup and salad for two days and we are sick of it:LOL: So,I put a pork butt in the pot with onion,coriander,cumin,oregano, a couple of pablano chilies, and a couple of bay leaves, covered it with chicken broth,brought it to a boil, cooked at a simmer til meat started to pull away from the bone. Then I transfered the meat to a roasting pan and baked at 450 for about 25 min. I got it nice and brown:) Ahhh carnitas. It is now all shredded and we will have it with warm soft corn tortillas, diced tomatoes,onions, cilantro, avocado sauce,shredded lettuce and some drunken beans...Straberry shortcake for dessert if we have room:LOL:

kadesma

oooh! Black pepper shrimp... my dinner plans just changed! Where is a good recipe for that?

michen_122 said:
oooh! Black pepper shrimp... my dinner plans just changed! Where is a good recipe for that?
When I make this, I melt a stick and a half of butter in a casserole that will hold the shrimp without piling on top of each other, I sprinkle a good bit of garlic powder on the shrimp, the I really give it a heavy dose of freshly cracked black pepper, pour in maybe a 3/4 c. white wine a sprinkle of salt and go over it again with the black pepper..Stick it in the oven at 400 for about 12 min..or til the shrimp turn pink, remove and serve with lots of crusty warm french or italian bread and a green salad..Yummy...You can use several peppers as you like or just one, I do add more after removing from the oven, sometimes a little more butter and wine as my kids and DH love sopping up those pan juices with the bread.

kadesma

Thanks! That sounds really good, I'll have to go buy some good bread for those juices

1. Michael Lomonaco's Chix w/ cream/moutard/broth/wine/butter/evoo/s&p
2. broccoli barley risotto
3. green salad with toms/onion/shallot/mozzarella
4. garlic bread
5. rerun poutine from last night

Back
Top Bottom