Dinner, Wed. March 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made white beans and rice (just like red), with venison sausage and some spicy creole seasoning.

Mixed in a spoonful of yogurt at the end.

LEFSE, I think it's something called "texture vegetable protein." I've seen references to it in other recipes but, since I don't eat vegetarian, I haven't investigated exactly what it is.

Katie, you are correct. TVP is textured vegetable protein, and I have used both dehydrated and hydrated versions. The hydrated protien can have the a texture similar to hamburger and can be used as such. At camp we used a dry version which was seasonsed with Italian spices and added it to vegetables and/or rice to make a quick vegetarian dish. I prefered making my own dishes for my vegetarian crew, but there were times when we would have to resort to a "quick fix", such as a taco filling.

My lentil loaf, does not call for this. I unfortunately am not sure where to post the recipe, so if someone could let me know, I gladly post it.

OOps, sorry GotGarlic, I didn't see your reply when I posted. But I thought I would leave my comments up.

Last edited:
I have been wanting to make my beef wrap-ups for a while now, but I haven't been able to find refrigerated crescent rolls here in London so I decided to just use puffed pastry and it worked out well. I'll just have to do it that way until we move back to the States.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom