Dinner, Wed. Sept. 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the idea of sheppards pie but not cool enough here yet, at all. I don't know what I feel like for dinner today, I think I'll go online and read up on some recipes and see if anything strikes my fancy. Only thing is, God knows we have dessert left for an army or small nation. Why 'did' I buy 4 ice creams yesterday? Oh, because Breyers double churn/double cream was on sale, buy one get one free. The fat content alone could do the man of my dreams under [for sure]:huh:. Think I'm doing this for dinneau............

http://AFRICAN CHICKEN STEW

Last edited:
Another HEAT WAVE - going to be about 100 deg today. Have some Pacific wild salmon defrosting. I will either make a Salmon Salad Nicoise or salmon and farfalle cold pasta salad. Lots of fruit for dessert, and I'm seeing a long tall COLD bloody mary in the very near future.

Last edited:
Chicken with spices and tomatoes...
fried leeks
tomatoes and cukes...
that's it for tonight.

Sorry for those of you still dealing with the heat!:( It's finally cool here today and it's amazing how refreshing it feels!

We're having my version of BLTs--cracked-pepper bacon, lettuce, garden tomatoes and a fresh basil mayo on a hearty cracked-wheat bakery bread. Since it's cool I'm happy to turn on the oven and am making rosemary garlic oven fries. We'll have apples sauteed with a little butter and brown sugar over vanilla ice cream for dessert.

A lady from the mothers club I belong to is dropping dinner off at our house tonight. The club helps provide dinners for families in need and since we just recently had a baby, I'm considered in need.

She said she was making Chicken picanta for us. Something about chicken coooked with lemons and capers and I'm not sure what else.

I haven't heard from her though and she still needs directions. Hmmm. I'm pretty sure she said Wednesday. Welp if I don't hear from her, Hannaford Pizza will be for dinner. I have one in the freezor.

Roast herby chicken breasts (mine stuffed with Feta) with horseradish potato swirls - crisped up under the grill.

Not sure about the vegies - either salad or perhaps a mini-ratatouille to use up some courgettes I have lying around.

Breakfast was 2 slices of the coconut banana bread I was talking about in another thread, and a lousy cup of Folgers coffee because I ran out of beans and had to dip into the company stores.

I had a 1/4 pound hot dog, tater tots, a nectarine, some grapes, and a bottle of San Pellegrino for lunch. The hot dog and tots were leftovers from last night.

Supper will be a salad. I think I'll make my own this time because, although they are surprisingly good, McDonalds dinner salads are a tad expensive at $4.39 American.

Weather's finally cooperating, but our oven isn't. It went out Thursday night. The repair man can't get here until sometime this Friday, so we're getting creative. I think I'm going to dip some chicken breast strips in Italian salad dressing, then in panko crumbs and pan-fry them. Will do something nice with potatoes and maybe some green beans.

Oh, well. Friday will be here before I know it.

We had Colorado's Rocky Mountain big horn sheep steaks with capellini with tomatoes/basil, garlic and grated romano cheese sauce

the soup is more or less this: Recipe 126144 --- Harvest Broth - Cawl Cynhaeaf: Soups Stews Ethnic Welsh Wales European Hot
except I use celery instead of the turnip and lamb mince instead of the whole piece of meat (that`s all I had in the freezer).

tear and share bread is like a loaf but not so tall, and it`s made from individual balls of dough gently pushed together, that`s then part baked enough to rise and set, then allowed to cool, then you put on plenty of butter over the top, a spinkle of garlic or onion powder, then thin strips of cheese and then finish off the baking (20 mins gas mark 4) until all the cheese has bread has gone golden.

it`s very easy to rip pieces off this bread to dip in the soup.

Wednesday has come and gone, but we had chicken breasts baked with lemon, garlic and rosemary, tomato paella and asparagus.

roflllllll caine. thanks.

last night dw made a really good, really satisfying meal that could have been straight out of 1965.

shake-n-bake pork chops, mott's apple sauce, rice-a-roni, and a can of green giant french cut string beans.

I added a package of sliced Chicken Andouille sausages & some sliced fresh okra to a package of Zatarain's Jambalaya mix. When I first tasted it, I couldn't understand why it tasted somewhat insipid until I realized that I had bought a box of their new "low sodium" Jambalaya mix. While I definitely do not like overly salty food & almost never add salt during cooking, this was definitely too bland for me & I'll be going back to the regular type from now on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom