Dinner Wedneday, 5/18/2016, Mustard the Troops!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
The recent thread asking about mustard sauce recipes for chicken reminded me of one of our favorite meals we haven't had in a good while, so 3-mustard grilled chicken tonight with honeydew, strawberries and maybe some home-fried potatoes if we are really hungry come dinner time.

Cripes, I haven't even had lunch yet!

But I do know what's for dinner, as I've already been to the store this morning. Chipotle lime marinated grilled split chicken breasts and lime parsley rice. I found some nice fat asparagus spears at the supermarket, so they are going on the grill as well. Nice sunny day here, so time to head off for a bike ride. Wife is joining me today. SIL is on the road, so daughter will be joining us for dinner.

Making a big pot of Sunday Ragu with sausages and meatballs. This will provide dinner tonight and beyond. Also so me meatballs and sauce for sandwiches.

We just had a big brunch in hopes that it holds us over till later tonight. We're headed to a wine seminar - the area adult Toys-r-Us, aka huge beer/wine/spirits store, has invited Peter Mondavi, Jr., to talk about his family's winery, Charles Krug. We've never attended one of these, but since it was Free, it's in our price range. ;)

Late dinner depends on whether we're inspired to have wine and cheese, or just dig into leftover creamy chicken rice soup. :D

Here's the plan..........
Pork ribs on the Q, Myron Mixon AP rub, and home made BBQ sauce.

img_1467048_0_1544db70f70d38697c3f3d15769fbd9b.jpg

img_1467048_1_df8c15e9e0a45b779b463d71ad4e8152.jpg

img_1467048_2_821a3b23787fe6fa23748c80017e15aa.jpg

Pulled pork sandwich on a toasted onion bun, and a small bowl of cabbage slaw that I made this morning. I'm sautéing some onion right now to top the pulled pork.

DH is heading out of town with some of his buddies to a bar that serves mediocre wings on Wednesdays. I'll pass, as the Survivor finale is on. So it's leftover Thai for me.

Our 3-mustard chicken ended up being 4 since there was a little leftover sweet hot german mustard I wanted to use up, so used that plus dijon, plus hot chinese, plus whole grain german mustard. Potatoes ended up being foil packet potatoes cooked on the gril.

37240-albums1042-picture6515.jpg

Seafood gumbo. Believe it or not I found some frozen stuff that is a good as what I can make myself. It's made right down on the gulf coast 90 miles from here.

Gee LS, I wish we had a Gulf Coast, it's a wee bit farther than 90 miles from here.

Reason #375 why I like my Weber Kettle. When you are through cooking, and close the cover and dampers/ slots/ whatcha call em's, the coals go right out.

Re used previous coals and toasted buns and flipped burgers tonight. Doesn't require much cooking time once the coals are hot.

I made horseradish sour cream/ mayo potato salad for dinner too.

Good looking and sounding dinners tonight! Med, I love the look of that mustard sauce in particular. Could you share?

I'm doing a wine butt chicken tonight with salads and tater tots for SC.

Back
Top Bottom