Dinner Wednesday, 1-22-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skilletlicker

Head Chef
My appetite seems to have adapted to reduced calories. I had about 300 left in the budget but wasn't overly hungry. Made a two-layer fruit and yogurt bowl. Avocado and lime on the bottom. Yogurt and blackberries on top. Thought about adding honey but honestly didn't miss it. It would have made a better picture in a glass bowl or jar but I liked this and will definitely make some variation of it again.
IMG_20200122_180905562.jpg
Dinner 2020-01-22 182409.jpg

SO's appetite is perking up. She requested pizza tonight. So I defrosted a dough ball and made a pepperoni pizza.

I've got a migraine and nausea. I had the leftover skillet cabbage a few hours ago, so I don't think that's what caused the nausea. I'm eating a banana now and drinking some ginger ale in hopes of feeling less queasy. Not an exciting supper.

Temps shot all the way up to 36F 2C today-- perfect bbq weather. So I hoofed it over to our favorite bbq take out and picked up a half chicken for SO, ribs for me. Cherry / hickory smoked. We shared, so no sense claiming his/ hers. Made a bowl of cole slaw at home and opened a can of grillin' beans. Oh, and a half dozen corn muffins with the BBQ.

I made up another batch of split pea soup this morning, using some of the ham in the freezer from Christmas dinner. Pretty darn good stuff. I didn't have the energy to make corn bread to go with it, so had a slice of garlicky sourdough bread.

I tended to succulent braised oxtails most of the afternoon, and served them with the delicious gravy over wide egg noodles. Spinach salads were on the side. :yum:

Attachments

• P1220035.jpg
    P1220035.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 81
New England style clam chowder.

36788-albums1135-picture8119.jpg

Sausage links, roasted potatoes and onions, scrambled eggs (cheese with Mom's, salsa with mine), and sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.

Last night DH served home made Roast Chicken with gravy over mashed potatoes, with green beans. Delicious, he outdid himself last night!!!!!!

For me, there's just about nothing more comforting than a good roasted chicken dinner Cookie. I like to roast mine on a vertical rack, sometimes with beer or wine. Has he done one of those?

For me, there's just about nothing more comforting than a good roasted chicken dinner Cookie. I like to roast mine on a vertical rack, sometimes with beer or wine. Has he done one of those?
Hi Kayelle, he's not here right now to ask, but according to my records, back in 03' he cooked a Beer Can chicken/Memphis Rub that turned out very good.
(thanks Kayelle;))

Back
Top Bottom