Dinner Wednesday, 12/10/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Yesterday I deboned the turkey I roasted on Sunday so am into full leftover poultry mode. I am eyeing a recipe from my new favorite southwestern cookbook; chicken sour cream enchiladas. First I need to make the green chile sauce.

What are you thinking about (for dinner)?

I'm thinking of quickly pan searing some boneless chicken breast with garam masala, onions and cilantros and serving it with some cumin flavored Indian spice rice. The prep shouldn't take more than 20-30 mins to prepare.

That looks great Wyshiepoo, and welcome! :flowers:

I have some broccoli and half and half that needs to be used, so this evening's dinner will be cream of broccoli soup and a slice of toasted garlic bread. I'll add a small Yukon gold to the broccoli as it's simmering and top the finished soup with a little shredded cheddar.

Last edited:
I'm using some of Sunday's ham for scalloped ham and potatoes. I'll make two small casseroles just to make sure I actually HAVE half of it leftover for another meal. I'll hide one dish in the freezer, ready to heat and eat some busy day down the road. We'll probably have some steamed broccoli on the plate - color contrast, you know ;) - unless I make big salads.

I just did the broccoli thing too, only I made a cheese sauce. It's pretty strong, so I'll probably thin it down some.

I used Asiago, Pepper Jack, and Monterrey Jack in a cream of chicken base.

Waiting for the grains to finish cooking. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I'm thinking tossing the grains with some red peppers, cabbage, zucchini, onion, chickpeas...some soy sauce, EVOO, some smoked tofu and calling it done.

Waiting for the grains to finish cooking. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I'm thinking tossing the grains with some red peppers, cabbage, zucchini, onion, chickpeas...some soy sauce, EVOO, some smoked tofu and calling it done.

I see you're not cooking from scratch tonight.

Chicken tenders breaded with Panko and oven baked; broccoli in cheese sauce; and the other half of the acorn squash smothered in garlic butter.

I see you're not cooking from scratch tonight.
The only thing I didn't prep was the soy sauce and yes, I bought the tofu but smoked it on the weekend. The grains we planted and harvested, ditto for the veggies except the chickpeas--can't grow those here. So, how much of your meal was cooked from "scratch?" And the EVOO was from a friend from Greece--her family owns and olive orchard.

Last edited:
Well, I'm certainly not cooking from scratch either. We're having leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup, that wasn't from scratch when I put it together two days ago. By the way, it's delicious.

Pan fried sea bass fillets with baby plum tomatoes, in a toasted ciabatta (spread with tartare sauce and pan juices) - as a 'sandwich' with lamb's lettuce in it! :yum:

I saved out some bacon and egg cups from last night, and nuked them with a thin slice of Cracker Barrel extra sharp cheddar. Nice!

That looks great Wyshiepoo, and welcome! :flowers:

I have some broccoli and half and half that needs to be used, so this evening's dinner will be cream of broccoli soup and a slice of toasted garlic bread. I'll add a small Yukon gold to the broccoli as it's simmering and top the finished soup with a little shredded cheddar.

Well, the broccoli soup will have to wait until tomorrow. I got busy doing other things and then it got too late to do all that chopping, simmering, and all. Ended up with a tuna melt on sourdough and a salad. It was good, though. :LOL::yum:

Back
Top Bottom