Dinner Wednesday 12th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chef's dish was superb, we loved it!

Very tasty indeed, would certainly recommend it with chicken and we are going to try it with beef next :)

It will be something with hamburger here. I recently got a shipment of 40 lbs of ground beef. Got 10 lbs in the fridge thawed yesterday. Today I will brown it all up and package it for the freezer. I'm thinking tacos would be good. DH is teaching tonight so tacos are something that will keep well for him to have when he gets home.

We are having giant curried meatballs with fluffy rice and garlic butter butternuts.

Slight change of plans. Made the giant meatballs with slices of butternut and a brown onion and Indian curry sauce (all in one dish) with brown and wild rice. It tastes so darn good! Now if I can only remember what I put in the casserole :huh:

Beautifully sunny but quite cold. Not even to the freezing mark yet.

There's still a LOT of the oxtail soup left that I made yesterday, so we'll repeat last night's meal. Sure was good and will be even better today but I'll be sad when it's all gone. I won't be able to get to the butcher any time soon to get more oxtails.

Chef's dish was superb, we loved it!

Very tasty indeed, would certainly recommend it with chicken and we are going to try it with beef next :)

Thanks Kylie so glad you liked it :)

Dinner 12/12/12 will be Porchetta (which I started at 10pm last night and is slow roasting until 3 or 4pm today, around 16 hours total) Steamed Carrots, Green Salad, Mini Raspberry Pies.

We are going to a Christmas Party at TB's former job - a care home for physically and mentally challenged adults. He left there a month ago after working an extra year just one day a week (on top of his bus job) and they invited us to festivities. It is a highlight of my year because the staff, residents and families are such incredible people.

There is usually ham, turkey and all the fixings. I can eat the turkey and probably some salad but will take some rice cakes just to be sure I have enough to eat.

For my dinner tonight I will have some more of my soup!

I took something out of the freezer that resembles stew. I'm hoping it is. Too early to tell, but it's dark and I see carrots.

Leftover ribs for supper tonight. There is also still some coleslaw, but they ate all the mac n cheese so they'll have to make their own starch to go with.

I am making something loosely based on a Rachel Ray stir fry recipe for pork with brussel sprouts. I have 1 boneless pork chop, slice it. No brussel sprouts. I have Broccoli, green onions. Her sauce is soy sauce, garlic, dried chili pepper and a little brown sugar. Not sure If I will add some fresh ginger or not yet, will taste the sauce first. I also have fresh pineapple I could slice in there or a sliced carrot. And I have Compari personal size tomatoes, could put segments of one of those in at the end. Doesn't she always say "eyeball it". This begins to look like a Sweet/ sour dish, which is not a direction I was headed. Got to make a U turn in here somewhere and back up.

:LOL:Pacanis:LOL: Thanks for this good laugh! Made my day.
When that happens to me I consider tossing it :LOL:

Chef, the last time this happened to me I had a bowl of gravy for dinner.
At least this time I see pieces of food in it :-p

We used to have gravy and bread sometimes when I was little. That was quite good, depending on the gravy. Wonderbread if at home, home-made bread if at Gramma's. Carrots are a plus.

We used to have gravy and bread sometimes when I was little. That was quite good, depending on the gravy. Wonderbread if at home, home-made bread if at Gramma's. Carrots are a plus.

Yeah, it wasn't bad. I'm sure I was dunking some type of bread in it.

OK. Oh Boy. My Porchetta is ready, fork tender, falling off the bone. Bad part is my other half got called in. Gonna turn down the heat from 180 to 160 and wait. Patiently. Trying NOT to smell the heavenly aroma.....
probably won't eat till late now.....I am not seeing the box of candy on the countertop...
PFoooey :)

Using up my pizza dough tonight. Plus experimenting with deferent dough times and pre cooking and freezing. So tonight I made a tomato sauce, squid and capers pizza.
39817-albums933-picture5271.jpg

Turkey noodle soup and grilled cheese with tomatoes and pepperoni on them..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom