Dinner Wednesday 13th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhh, something just came to mind for dinner!
I was watching this program last night called Bacon USA or something and they made this cheeseburger with bacon on it and chunky peanut butter. They said something about bacon and peanut butter complimenting each other well. I aim to find out :yum:

You is tempting fate my friend, Mine not yours. You already have your mind set. I have burger thawing. Luckily I am actually out of peanut butter. Whoever runs out of peanut butter anyway !?!

I am making a semi south of the border pasta casserole with some leftover chili with beans, spices adjusted by adding some extra cumino and ?, corn, and a can of Rotel if it needs further jazzing up. Mix and stir in some penne or rigatoni pasta. Top with cheese and bake. Leftovers guaranteed to begat more leftovers.

Rotel. That stuff is so handy.
I often top my tacos with Rotel because I always have a couple cans in the pantry, but don't always have fresh tomatoes.

Wow! That is serious stuff. So sorry to hear about that. Take care and give yourself time. Don't rush things, man. Once you get that thing secured and in some sort of a cast you will be up and cooking in no time. Just watch the baking...it can accumulate on us older guys.....:LOL:

Get well soon
Thanks for the kind wishes Rock, and everyone else. I didn't mean to hijack the dinner thread with my pity party.

My wife is actually excited about the prospect of doing more cooking while I'm recouping. She was even looking through cookbooks this morning. :)

Well in your memory :ermm:... errr, I mean in honor of... no, that doesn't sound right either... let's just say I'm making your chili/lime sweet potatoes to go along with my burger tonight ;)

Holy crap Steve! OUCH! Here's another hope that surgery isn't required and the break heals fast and cleanly. Take your calcium and vitamin D!

Dinner here is chicken creole. Saw the recipe in the paper this morning and I'm going to try it. My only worry is that I only have red pepper and no green pepper for the holy trinity. Sacrilege? Oh wait a second...its Ash Wednesday isn't it?

Um...dinner here will be water or some other liquid. Rats. Probably a better idea for me after last night anyway. :pig:

Here is our Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta, served with oiled Ciabatta on the grillpan...it was delicious!

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

I hope your leg mends quickly Steve, and that it doesn't give you a lot of pain.

We will be having taco salads (no shells) for supper tonight. :yum::yum:

Thanks Pac!

The bread is so crunchy, lovely with all that oil and grilled up, could have some more right now :LOL:

The pasta is really nice too as it has cream and parmesan cheese, sundried tomato pesto etc, nice and creamy, lovely taste :yum:

Oh geez, Steve, not fun! Hope you heal quickly, without surgery.

Nice pics, Kylie and S&P!

Lots of inspiration here, which is good as I haven't a clue what we're having tonight. Hmm. Taco salad perhaps.

Nope, new plan. Spelunked some Hen of the Woods mushroom soup and garnished it with freshly expired scallions. It was quite good.

Last edited:
Some tasty-sounding ideas for dinners. I am roasting a pork tenderloin for dinner. Mashed potatoes and glazed carrots will round it all out. I have some vanilla bean ice cream in the freezer that could just be the thing to top it all off.

(((((((Steve))))))) I'm so sorry for your misfortune! Just thinking about the dangers of ice makes me feel off balance. Shudder........

We're grilling some bone in, skin on chicky thighs tonight. I've marinated them all day in an Asian mixture with lots of sesame seeds and we'll have fried rice and a green salad.

Tried a new quinoa dish tonight with black beans, corn and some chipolte peppers in adobe to spice it up. Big hit!

And eeep! Sorry to hear about your ankle, Steve. Wishing you a speedy recovery. =)

They said something about bacon and peanut butter complimenting each other well.

I do know that bacon and PB sandwiches were something we ate growing up and they're were :yum:. So it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to see that combo on top of a burger. Let us know the verdict!

Thank you all very much for your kind words. I'm feeling better already. And your dinners all look and sound wonderful. Mrs K brought home Thai takeout: rendang curry and fresh spring rolls. There's something comforting about food that makes you sweat in the dead of winter.

I do know that bacon and PB sandwiches were something we ate growing up and they're were :yum:. So it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to see that combo on top of a burger. Let us know the verdict!

Meh. It was OK. I may have had too much burger in the sandwich. The bacon and peanut butter seemed lost.
I'll have to work on it :chef:

Back
Top Bottom