Dinner Wednesday 13th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roch, that looks and sounds delicious.

I went to the monthly Danish Club luncheon today. There was an oops when we ordered sandwiches for 40 people and there were only 35 at the lunch. So, there were a few sandwiches left and two pieces of real Danish pastry. I snagged them. :pig: We had that for supper.

There were three roast beast sandwiches on rugbrød (heavy Danish rye bread), garnished with lettuce, pickled vegetable marrow, deep fried, crispy onions, and horse radish sauce. There were two pork sandwiches, also on rugbrød, garnished with a slice of some sort of exotic orange, apricot, and red cabbage. It was very tasty and went well with the Carlsberg beer and akvavit. I served the pastry with decaf espresso. :chef:

I was really tired, so I was really glad I didn't have to cook supper. I had forgotten that the sandwiches were in the car, so it was a double relief when I remembered them. :ermm::LOL:
Yum-yum. If I weren't doing conference calls every Wednesday from now until the end of April, I would be booking a spot at the Danish lunch. Those open-faced sandwiches (and the company) is something I hope to experience again! I'm away in May, but perhaps I can make it in June. Lucky you!

Yum-yum. If I weren't doing conference calls every Wednesday from now until the end of April, I would be booking a spot at the Danish lunch. Those open-faced sandwiches (and the company) is something I hope to experience again! I'm away in May, but perhaps I can make it in June. Lucky you!
That will be great. Too bad June is so far away.

We did a can chicken in the oven, but this time with an empty Coke can filled with white wine and garlic cloves since Steve drank the last can of beer. Steamed and buttered crisp tender broccoli with leftover lemon rice were the sides. I'll never miss having a beer around as the "wine butt chicken" was great. No doubt, I always have wine.

Last edited:
The bananas are part of the dish or on the side?

I make a homemade Indian style curry paste. Fry the mince with onion, carrot and celery. Add some chopped tomato and serve with steamed yellow rice.

The bananas are still slightly green and sliced into thin slices and served on top of the curry. We also have homemade spicy peach chutney on the side.

I made whole wheat fettuccine with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, and asparagus cut on the diagonal - Finished with my new favorite extra virgin olive oil from Spain, and topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom