Dinner Wednesday 14th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always happy to help :) I used to love chicken, now I can't stand it but I still know what to do with it lol!

I know what to do with a bare pantry too, if you ever need good budget recipes just shout! I've been making due with a quarter of my food budget for over a year now.
I like chicken now and then, but mostly I am a beef person. I don't like chicken subbed for beef in things like tacos, chili, etc. When I eat chicken, I want it to be chicken, not fake beef. :LOL:

I like chicken now and then, but mostly I am a beef person. I don't like chicken subbed for beef in things like tacos, chili, etc. When I eat chicken, I want it to be chicken, not fake beef. :LOL:

I've always prefered beef, pork and fish over chicken. For some reason though I go off chicken for a long time after each pregnancy. It's become a bit of a joke around my house. If a gag when someone mentions chicken then everyone asks if I'm pregnant :LOL:

Snip 13 said:
I've taken some tenderised steak out of the freezer and cut it into thin strips. Made some rice but I'm not sure what I'm doing with the steak strips yet.
Don't have much choice. I've got stir fry veggies so maybe a beef strir fry.

Chinese five spice and teriyaki is always good

I love cabanossi, one of my favourite sausages!
I like mushrooms, asparagus, shrimp, always mozzarella, arthichoke hearts, pesto, anchovies, bacon, spinach, tomato, chillies etc on pizza. Not all at once though :LOL:
Your pizza sounds good! I can't eat to many peppers though, they give me stomach ache.

Yes we love cabanossi too...I like it cooked and straight from the packet :yum:

I've always prefered beef, pork and fish over chicken. For some reason though I go off chicken for a long time after each pregnancy. It's become a bit of a joke around my house. If a gag when someone mentions chicken then everyone asks if I'm pregnant :LOL:
Funny!

I decided to try out my new Wonder Cooker for the first time. I have the chicken breasts and chicken broth in the cooker with some spices (out of onion). I have the steamer basket in and will add vegetables to it in a bit. :yum:

Dinner has been adjusted. We are now having tortilla pizzas with homemade tomato sauce, ham, turkey pepperoni, sausage, onion, peppers and tomatoes.

I got ambitious. After getting the vodka pasta sauce in the oven (smells like heaven!) I threw together a lemon icebox pie. We'll add some fresh strawberries to that and call it a fruit serving. =o)

mmyap said:
I got ambitious. After getting the vodka pasta sauce in the oven (smells like heaven!) I threw together a lemon icebox pie. We'll add some fresh strawberries to that and call it a fruit serving. =o)

There ya go! Sounds like a fruit serving to me!

We had a mega salad with lettuce, tomatoes, chickpeas, sweet onion, red bell pepper, carrots, extra sharp cheddar, etc., with a blue cheese dressing. Whole wheat pita on the side.

I have chicken breasts thawing...

Sorry. Your post made me LOL! :)

I had California roll tonight, because I had Japanese last night--and had left over ingredients after I had my fill.

I experimented with a new method (to me) of whipping the filling. Get your crab and avo and cucumber and hit it with a stick (immersion blender). It looked like Japanese guacamole to me but it tasted good.

I'll add photos tomorrow but I'm almost too tired to type at the present moment...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom