Dinner Wednesday 16th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having lasagna that I made this morning before I went out for the day, we are having that with homemade oven chips and some crusty white bread

Tonight we are having lasagna that I made this morning before I went out for the day, we are having that with homemade oven chips and some crusty white bread

I love Lasagna! Just call me Garfield :LOL:

I'm making crumbed hake with oven baked chips and some of my ginger and lime dipping sauce and tossed baby greens.

Last edited:
I reserved a little hamburger from the taco meat last night. I think I'll turn that into a pan fried meatloaf patty with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes. When I pick up the shrooms I'll look for something green to go along. The broccoli looked horrible yesterday and I've had a taste for broccoli. I *think* they get their produce on Wednesday.

Think I have taste for oysters. Fried oyster Po' Boy and some oyster "Shooters". If the don't outlaw the "Shooters" today!!!
Oyster shooters w/ Chalada , jalapeno, hot sauce and lime juce.

I reserved a little hamburger from the taco meat last night. I think I'll turn that into a pan fried meatloaf patty with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes. When I pick up the shrooms I'll look for something green to go along. The broccoli looked horrible yesterday and I've had a taste for broccoli. I *think* they get their produce on Wednesday.

Oh yum! Proper comfort food and I love, love, love mushrooms :yum:
I eat them raw and cooked, usually have to buy 2 punnets. One to eat while I'm chopping the other :angel:

Oh yum! Proper comfort food and I love, love, love mushrooms :yum:
I eat them raw and cooked, usually have to buy 2 punnets. One to eat while I'm chopping the other :angel:

I love white shrooms raw, which is why I usually buy crimini. Otherwise it would be one for the cutting board, one for the cook :LOL:

I picked up two beautiful thick ribeye steaks I plan to grill. Not sure what to have with it, probably just salad. Who needs a lot extra when you have a wonderful cut of meat! :)

(These words coming from a former vegetarian :angel:)

I picked up two beautiful thick ribeye steaks I plan to grill. Not sure what to have with it, probably just salad. Who needs a lot extra when you have a wonderful cut of meat! :)

(These words coming from a former vegetarian :angel:)

I'm sorry, but I don't agree... You will most definitely need some garlic bread to sop up the steak juice :yum:

A pound of natural casing franks, 12 ounces+ of Hainich brand sauerkraut, 8 ounces of home baked whole wheat and rye bread.

12624-albums942-picture5305.jpg

We are having pot roast here. cooked with carrots and celery. Mashed potatoes on the side.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree... You will most definitely need some garlic bread to sop up the steak juice :yum:

Actually you are so right, Pac! While the steaks were grilling, TB took the bread I was about to use for his sandwiches and turns it into garlic bread. I made salad and sliced up some avacado - was an awesome feast. :chef:

A pound of natural casing franks, 12 ounces+ of Hainich brand sauerkraut, 8 ounces of home baked whole wheat and rye bread.

12624-albums942-picture5305.jpg

Yesterday you said -- "I'm starting to fully appreciate that7 quart mixer and my Hearthkit oven insert. "

I wasn't familiar with a Hearthkit oven insert, so I looked it up briefly. It's like a pizza stone / converts your oven to a brick oven.

Your results look terrific and the bread has a nice crispy look. Pretty swell.

Some of that good bread would go good with my leftover beef stew for dinner tonight right about now.

Last edited:
Yesterday you said -- "I'm starting to fully appreciate that7 quart mixer and my Hearthkit oven insert. "

I wasn't familiar with a Hearthkit oven insert, so I looked it up briefly. It's like a pizza stone / converts your oven to a brick oven.

Your results look terrific and the bread has a nice crispy look. Pretty swell.

Some of that good bread would go good with my leftover beef stew for dinner tonight right about now.
My Hearthkit is one of my most prized baking possessions but I do not think they are being made anymore. I wasn't too crazy about spending what I think was $139 for it but if I had to replace it (G-d forbid) I'd be willing to spend upwards of $300.

I am stuck at work waiting for repairmen to show up so it will be a last minute dash for dinner. I think you all talked me into throwing some steaks on the grill. I'll doctor up a bag of coleslaw mix with a vinegar based dressing. I have a stock pile of ramen noodles at home (from the apocalypse pantry) that can be tossed into the coleslaw. That's the plan assuming I don't poop out all together and then it's chinese takeout.

If you make the pan meatloaf thick enough it comes out tasting like baked :chef:

Attachments

• meatloaf dinner.jpg
    meatloaf dinner.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom