Dinner Wednesday 24th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't a clue what's for dinner yet, but this morning I'm starting a beef stew. I've got some great stock and a couple of boneless chuck steaks to cut up, fresh celery, carrots, onions and garlic.

I'll cook it for an hour or two, then cool and refrigerate. By dinnertime, all the flavors will have soaked in. Reheat and voila, dinner.

BUT, I also picked up a package of 3 big links (1#) of boudain. I haven't tried boudain and I'm anxious to know what it's like. I'll be baking one of the links today - lunch maybe.

I also need to cook up a corny cornbread to go with the stew. I use creamed corn instead of milk for a really rich cornbread. It does tend to take a few extra minutes made this way. Just use the toothpick test.

Couldn't find fresh broccoli for creamy broccoli chicken bake :(
Dinner will be creamy chicken and veg casserole instead. Not in the mood for rice so bread rolls on the side.

made chili last night for a community event on Sat. Will have some tonight cause I made extra of course.

Must be chicken night. Going to be chicken corn chowder and a baguette and salad here. Something easy for me to leave and HOPEFULLY I'll get some leftovers.

Right now I have an Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake in the oven. Another recipe from the September issue of Southern Living magazine. In fact, it's featured on the cover and I just couldn't resist. The house smells so good at the moment we can hardly stand it.

For our meal, we'll have Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Melted Cheddar, which is a recipe I discovered at the Cabot cheese website. The eggplant and tomatoes will come from our garden, as will the okra for the okra fritters we'll have as a side. Iced tea to wash it down and, of course, some of that wonderful apple bundt cake for dessert.

Spaghetti squash, topped with a sauce made from fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, and basil. And probably more fresh tomatoes sliced up on the side. We have lots of tomatoes right now.

Parmezan mushroom polenta, served with roquette, and a bacon wrapped thyme chicken breast. :chef:

-edit and a good bottle of white wine :) (needed for deglazing of course :innocent:)

Last edited:
Pork loin chops thawing. Not sure how I will be cooking them, medley of 2 varieties of Lundberg rices and steamed broccoli crowns.

Thank you :)
I posted a link because I'm not sure how to post the pics. I've added the pics to an album on my profile and copied them from there.

If you have the pics on your computer, it's easy.

When you start a new thread or click on Post Reply, scroll down to Manage Attachments and click on Browse to scan your computer for the picture you want to post. Then just select it and click on Upload. DC's software will resize it for you. If you want to post several pictures there is space to do that.

If you have the pics on your computer, it's easy.

When you start a new thread or click on Post Reply, scroll down to Manage Attachments and click on Browse to scan your computer for the picture you want to post. Then just select it and click on Upload. DC's software will resize it for you. If you want to post several pictures there is space to do that.

Thank you Andy :)

Pork loin chops thawing. Not sure how I will be cooking them, medley of 2 varieties of Lundberg rices and steamed broccoli crowns.

We had those last night! I grilled them with lemon pepper. They were delish!

I have scalloped potatoes left from last night so will reheat those. Salads and for the entree I'm thinking mushroom chicken.

Quick dinner tonight as we have been running around all day. Chinese pepper steak over white rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom