Dinner Wednesday 27th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight was a quick dinner of my summer pasta. Rigatoni with veggies from the garden sauteed in oil. Tonight it was zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, garlic, green and yellow peppers, and grape tomatoes. I added butter as the last with basil and oregano.

Have any leftovers? PM me the address and I will even bring my own "to go dish".:chef:

Pretty easy actually. I put 5 tablespoons of oak chips and 2 tablespoons of hickory chips in the bottom part. Salt and pepper the roast very well and put it on the rack. This was a "tall" roast so I had to use heavy-duty foil to cover it instead of the slide-on lid. Then, it smokes on top of the stove for 1 hour. Once the smoking part is complete, I put it in a preheated 275F oven for 4 hours. Remove from oven and let cool a bit, then remove visible fat and bone and shred with a fork. Mix with barbecue sauce of your choice or on a bun with barbecue sauce poured over. We prefer to use the smoked seasoned meat to our own homemade buns and douse with sauce. Also, since the juice/drippings from the meat in the bottom tray has a lot of the salt and pepper and a great deal of smokey flavor, I usually moisten the shredded meat with some of that.

However, you choose to do it, it's fantastic. I've had dyed-in-the-wool barbecue critics completely not believe that the 'cue wasn't done in an outdoor smoker. Hee, hee, hee!!

Man, the house smelled sooooooo good this afternoon. Glenn and I could hardly wait to sample it!!!!

Thanks sooo much Katie. I can't wait to try it, my mouth is watering.
By the way, every time I use that smoker I think of you........one of my very favorite cooking tools.

Last edited:
Stove top smoker sounds fascinating! Will have to look it up!

Nachos again with homemade salsa and leftover taco beef.

This was tonight's dinner.... sausage cooked with vermicelli-n-butter, Minute Rice, garlic powder, parsley, paprika, oregano, diced tomato, diced roasted red pepper, diced green onion, pinto beans and water.

img_1029965_0_a164b3236730dad1586e0110904be49a.jpg

img_1029965_1_26c407dd8faeca5798daad3f711ba18a.jpg

Last edited:
i'm happy to say that my Navajo tacos turned out pretty darn good. The only thing that makes them "Navajo" is the fry bread, something which I had never made before. Tastes great, and the leftover fry bread can be drizzled with honey for a quick dessert! Delicious!

This was my dinner. Mark's was pictured before. I used some of the rice dish as a filling for a tortilla wrap with lettuce, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

img_1030063_0_0af41832a4d34794ada58636ebffce72.jpg

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
Here's the link for the smoker, DL......you'll love it!! I made the mistake of getting the smaller one and exchanged it for the larger......the small was too small.

Camerons Stovetop Smoker Cooker

Thanks, Kayelle! I couldn't resist, and ordered the larger one through Amazon, on sale with free shipping. Can't wait!

I went back through the DC archives and read up on your and Katie's very positive experiences with the smoker. Amazon reviews are stellar, rare for any merchandise.

I was also looking for info on using it on a GE glasstop, there's nothing in the stove manual, but there's always the oven and the grill if it doesn't work.

Thanks, Kayelle! I couldn't resist, and ordered the larger one through Amazon, on sale with free shipping. Can't wait!

I went back through the DC archives and read up on your and Katie's very positive experiences with the smoker. Amazon reviews are stellar, rare for any merchandise.

I was also looking for info on using it on a GE glasstop, there's nothing in the stove manual, but there's always the oven and the grill if it doesn't work.

WOO HOO DL!! You got a great deal !! I use mine most often on my gas grill, and then finish the meat/chicken on top of the grill to finish cooking, or to brown the meat. We love chicken thighs cooked this way, not to mention Tri Tip, and now I can't wait to try Katie's smoked pulled pork!

Kayelle said:
WOO HOO DL!! You got a great deal !! I use mine most often on my gas grill, and then finish the meat/chicken on top of the grill to finish cooking, or to brown the meat. We love chicken thighs cooked this way, not to mention Tri Tip, and now I can't wait to try Katie's smoked pulled pork!

You and Katie were the ones who got me thinking about it! Thanks!

Gawd, how I love new toys...(peers out door longingly looking for the UPS guy...)

we had grilled pork tenderloin, potato salad, and beefsteak tomatoes, watermelon. a real taste of summer!

Vanilla Bean said:
This was tonight's dinner.... sausage cooked with vermicelli-n-butter, Minute Rice, garlic powder, parsley, paprika, oregano, diced tomato, diced roasted red pepper, diced green onion, pinto beans and water.

Vanilla Bean that looks absolutely delicious!

Back
Top Bottom