Dinner Wednesday 27th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Not a clue yet! Been up all night with a crying 4 yr old. Think I'll head to the store once the chickens wake up lol! get some bioplus or redbull and go from there!

i hope to be cooking a lot today.

we're having new screen doors installed on the house, so since i won't be sleeping i figure cooking in the downstairs kitchen will allow me to keep an eye on the work going on.

i'm gonna start with veal and peppers since i have some veal shoulder chops to use up. i'm thinking of rubbing the chops with evoo and garlic, then browning them on the grill before they go into the crock pot with a can of san marzanos. green and yellow bell pepper chunks will he added and hour later, and fresh basil just before the end.

then, i was thinking of picking some wild garlic and kale from the garden, and stuffing some boneless pork chops with the garlic sauteed kale and some goat or mozarella cheese. not sure if i'll grill or bake them.

if i'm still awake, i think i'll make a green pepper hot sauce. i found a bag of hot green peppers in the freezer from last year's garden, so i figure a pepper mash or hot sauce is the best way to use them up at this point. i can't recall the variety, but the peppers are like a frying pepper, but thick walled and are medium hot. like a horno di toro pepper or a hungarian wax pepper, but deep green and decently hot.

i hope the storm doors go in well so i can concentrate on cooking. i'm sure my son will come into the kitchen a few times and yell, "shut it down!" a la gordon ramsay so we can play video games upstairs. lol.

Last edited:
Not too sure yet either. I feel like i'm in a culinary slump this week. Any suggestions?

Not too sure yet either. I feel like i'm in a culinary slump this week. Any suggestions?

Glad to see I'm not the only clueless one here today, still half asleep to tell you the truth :LOL:
I've gotten as far as taking beef steaks out to defrost, I've got sour cream and good paprika so maybe I'll make Stroganoff if they have decent mushrooms at the store :)
Since we had prego's last night I won't leave them whole but if Stroganoff doesn't happen maybe Cashew Beef.

They both sound lovely to me. I'm toying with the possibilty of making Navajo tacos, but I'm afraid to mess them up, as it will be my first time making them. My partner is Navajo and I would love to surprise him with them. Is your 4 yr/o feeling any better?

Since it is still Tuesday here (with an hour to go!) I haven't given it much thought, but hopefully I will wake-up with a great inspiration!

They both sound lovely to me. I'm toying with the possibilty of making Navajo tacos, but I'm afraid to mess them up, as it will be my first time making them. My partner is Navajo and I would love to surprise him with them. Is your 4 yr/o feeling any better?

He's fine thanks :) He's just been waking up at night lately, not even sure he's fully awake when he screams. Last Nights episode was about his sister not wanting to hold his hand and she was fast asleep.
The Taco Idea sounds good, never tried making them either but I'm sure there will be someone on DC that knows just how!

Aw poor little guy.
Yeah, I think I've made my mind up, I'll try the tacos. *crosses fingers*

sorry to be remiss.
hang in there snip. he's just about the age my son reported his first bad dreams. just a part of their development.

hug him (for all of us) and just reassure him there's nothing to fear. he'll get through it.

Beef Stroganoff it is, not the real deal though. I found some good mushrooms and broccoli so I will be adding broccoli florets to my dish :) I'll keep the rest traditional!

Probably having peppered steak over rice tonight. Even though I'm sure my step daughter will pitch a fit about it. Because she doesn't like to eat anything but processed food. And if it's not chicken nuggets or hot dogs she won't eat it without complaining. Looks like I'll be having on very Buffy youngin come Thursday morning!

Jessica_Morris said:
Probably having peppered steak over rice tonight. Even though I'm sure my step daughter will pitch a fit about it. Because she doesn't like to eat anything but processed food. And if it's not chicken nuggets or hot dogs she won't eat it without complaining. Looks like I'll be having on very Buffy youngin come Thursday morning!

That was suppose to say one hungry youngin... Not Buffy LOL

Leftover rigatoni puttanesca from last night, and a couple extra pork chops I had grilled the night before. I figure 4 minutes on power setting 7 ought to do it ;)

sorry to be remiss.
hang in there snip. he's just about the age my son reported his first bad dreams. just a part of their development.

hug him (for all of us) and just reassure him there's nothing to fear. he'll get through it.

I'll do that Thanks :) I think it might be night terrors, I use to get them as a child and Daniel has been getting them on and off for some time. He doesn't seem to be awake when it happens and I don't wake him. I've heard somewhere that you shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom