Dinner Wednesday, 5-13-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a headache. Does anyone want to come over to my place and cook for me and Himself? :stuart:

I have two options on the table. IF I feel better, I'll try a new recipe I saw in Cooking Light: Smoky Farro and Chickpea Soup. If this is getting made, I probably should start cooking farro soon. I don't have the pre-cooked the recipe calls for, so I need to make my own pre-cooked. Also, no Swiss chard, so I'll sub in spinach.

IF I bail on cooking, we have plenty of chicken from last night, and a piece of pork tenderloin from the night before. Some veggies leftover, too, but not enough for two. I'll only have to make a veggie or a salad.

What are you having tonight? I suggest you don't try the headache. :wacko:

Refreshingly cold today so I baked a ham that I bought on special a couple of weeks ago. I broke it down and packaged some for the freezer, the bone is simmering on the back of the stove.

So tonight is ham, cauliflower and cabbage salad.

Made a deep dive into the freezer to pull out some German style hot dogs and some hot dog chili. Put together some angel hair coleslaw. Grated some cheddar. Oh, I called a lady about a pug puppy!;)

The new Kroger opened today. Had to stop and check it out. Snagged some deals. Got 2 rotisserie chickens. We'll eat one tonight and I'll debone the other for another meal later. Have some red potato salad to go with it.

Our date night just got postponed to Friday so dinner plans are suddenly up in the air.

I have plenty of romaine and I bought (!) a bottle of organic Caesar dressing the other day. It tastes sweet as in sugary, not sure it should do that. I have to find my magnifying glass to read the ingredient label; and other fixin's for a salad. Maybe I will sizzle up a little seasoned ground beef and make a taco Caesar salad and douse it with enough salsa to kill the odd dressing effect.

We had burgers on the grill tonight. I had mine with provolone cheese, genoa salami, bacon, pickled jalapeños, onion, tomato and mayonnaise on a deli bun. It was outstanding!

My daughter and grandson came by late this afternoon and we had a spread of all kinds of things, so I'm calling that dinner. :) We had a sandwich tray of tuna salad, and ham and cheese, with sides of deviled eggs, various pickles and olives, a bowl of SunChips :), watermelon, mango, and strawberry ice cream for dessert.

I'll nibble on the leftovers this evening. :yum:

That looks good. I bought some farro and am trying to find things to do with it. I'd share our dinner with you if I could...

A rerun from last week, but it was soooo good. Neighbor dropped by another bunch of morels :yum:. I sauteed some them in (a lot of) butter, with some onion and (a lot of) garlic. Finished off with a little white wine, then cream and a handful of parmesan. All tossed with some rotini and leftover steamed asparagus.

\

I have plenty of romaine and I bought (!) a bottle of organic Caesar dressing the other day. It tastes sweet as in sugary, not sure it should do that. I have to find my magnifying glass to read the ingredient label; and other fixin's for a salad. Maybe I will sizzle up a little seasoned ground beef and make a taco Caesar salad and douse it with enough salsa to kill the odd dressing effect.

Dinner change: I cooked a good size potato and mashed it. Made hamburger and onion gravy to top it. Salad with romaine, halved baby tomatoes, cukes, a little onion, kalamata olives, parm and a healthy sqweeze of lemon juice added to the Caesar dressing.

I had two of those sandwiches that I brought home from the Danish Club luncheon. One leverpostej (Danish liver pate) and one rullepølse (Danish rolled sausage). They were yummers. Now I'm munching some of the leftover Indian food from my birthday.

I had some frozen chunks of Mahi Mahi from Trader Joe's I marinated in an Asian inspired mix with black sesame seeds, and then quickly seared it in a buttered skillet, and served it with the marinade over Jasmine rice garnished with sliced scallions. Steamed buttered broccolini was on the side. Good stuff...:yum:

Grilled chicken breast sandwiches with provolne cheese and mustard on ciabatta rolls, a tossed salad and French onion soup.

I found out the hard way one of the kittens likes the soup. I put the remaining few spoonfuls on a dish for my dog, and the kitten got to it first and slurped it all down while my poor dog stood there looking extremely bewildered.

Oh-oh, CCL, looks like kitty is going to make an enemy out of dog. :ermm:

That looks good. I bought some farro and am trying to find things to do with it. I'd share our dinner with you if I could...
It was pretty good, Bookbrat. You're welcome to come over for some of the leftovers! It needed a little more "oomph", so I tossed in leftover, shredded chicken from last night's dinner. Decided what the soup really needed was more smoky flavor. Next time I make it, I'll add some of Trader Joe's South African Smoke Seasoning - that is what was on the grilled chicken.

Back
Top Bottom