Dinner Wednesday 5th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Durn!! too late to edit my previous post. I found the recipe I was looking for and I must give credit where credit is due...Sorry it wasn't you Timothy, but you have sumitted many very informative posts. So you both get some kudos in the form of reputation! ;)

Dang! I got me some rep for just being here! Man! How's them apples! :ROFLMAO:

I didn't even see you previous post until just now...Thanks anyway! :wacko:

Welcome back Snip!!!!!!

Tonight was a leftover re-do that turned into chicken and biscuits.

I took the roasted chicken breasts from Monday, took off the meat and diced it. Simmered the bones in water/herbs/seasoning for a bit, sauteed some onion, celery, carrots. Added the broth, frozen corn, the chicken, fresh herbs and 2 cans of chicken gravy to the veggies. I had it over biscuits.

I ended up with wings too! Cheesy rice and peas round out the meal. It should be ready in about 10 mins. The turkey and stock got frozen for a future meal.

Bottom round roast beef, burgundy pan gravy (I used the new Knorr’s Home-style condensed beef stock in the little tub, not to bad), mashed potatoes (sour cream, butter & chives) and frozen spinach. (I also had a salad on the side in a bowl but didn’t take a pic of it).

img_1055972_0_bc996cabdff8637574c4aa283444e34e.jpg

Hammster said:
Stuffed bell peppers tonight. I'll use ground beef, couscous, onion, tomato sauce and various spices for the stuffing.

I have never made it with couscous. Makes me think... Could it also be made with quinoa? I have only made them with rice. I really need to think outside the box on this one! Thanks for the idea.

Dawgluver said:
Welcome back, Snip! Hope the move went well!

Have no idea, I'm kinda sick of soup by now. Would love to make Mona's rollups, but I have to clean up for the cleaning lady tomorrow, and it's Survivor night.

OMG. I forgot it is Survivor night! We will have tamales that DH brings home with rice and re-fried beans. May have some chips and salsa too.

Tonight, I'll be trying my first attempt at "Southwestern Sushi"...

Try them I did!

Something about the corn tortilla flavor didn't go well with the cream cheese. They kinda clashed. It was kind of strange tasting.

It was edible, but just barely. I won't be doing it that way again.

The flour tortilla is probably the only way this can be done.

Nice comfort meal, MSM. I'm a lush for anything including mashed potatoes and gravy.

I ate nothing tonight. All those ribs from earlier held my appetite over just fine.

Bottom round roast beef, burgundy pan gravy (I used the new Knorr’s Home-style condensed beef stock in the little tub, not to bad), mashed potatoes (sour cream, butter & chives) and frozen spinach. (I also had a salad on the side in a bowl but didn’t take a pic of it).

img_1056015_0_bc996cabdff8637574c4aa283444e34e.jpg

That makes me View attachment 12156

Last edited:
i have store bought ribs. called a snacker size, just right for just me. lloyd's is the brand i think. one half left over baked potato and maybe an ear of fresh corn. popcorn later.

the ribs were just wonderful and just enough. i recommend them highly. i did the corn in the micro with husks still on. great, silks came right off and corn done to perfection. try it, you will like it, i am sure. i only did one ear. three minutes. :chef:

Tonight we're having the classic Italian-American spaghetti and meatballs (and sausages) dinner. It's the last of the frozen sauce with meats from the last time I cooked it. I make a 12-quart pot of the sauce with meats and freeze it in meal portions. I get 12 servings (six meals) out of a batch.
Is 12 quarts the size of the pot or the amount of sauce produced? I like to make and freeze sauce but my wife likes to use a relatively shallow pot to speed up thickening by keeping a high ratio of the surface area to the depth of the sauce in the pot.

Is 12 quarts the size of the pot or the amount of sauce produced? I like to make and freeze sauce but my wife likes to use a relatively shallow pot to speed up thickening by keeping a high ratio of the surface area to the depth of the sauce in the pot.

So do I. I like using a saute pan because it's easier to cook the meat and veggies without sweating. I prefer not to cook in batches.

Back
Top Bottom