Dinner Wednesday 5th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Toasted hamburger sandwiches and green salad since I'm too darn lazy to cook today :LOL:

Missing my DC friends like crazy :( Life is almost back to normal so I'll be back online soooooooooooon!

Poached eggs over spinach for late breakfast/early lunch (I'm still waiting on the toast, lol). Probably tuna melts for dinner.

img_1055803_0_9c7641383782a2cf48f3381443505249.jpg

Hi Snip! We miss you too. Hope you're getting settled in your new home and will give us all the details soon.

Tonight we're having the classic Italian-American spaghetti and meatballs (and sausages) dinner. It's the last of the frozen sauce with meats from the last time I cooked it. I make a 12-quart pot of the sauce with meats and freeze it in meal portions. I get 12 servings (six meals) out of a batch.

I've got some turkey legs in the oven (leftovers from several meals) making stock. Not sure what I'll do with it. I'd like to make some Brunswick stew but it may have to wait until later in the week. I may just do up some chicken tonight and save the stock.

Toasted hamburger sandwiches and green salad since I'm too darn lazy to cook today :LOL:

Missing my DC friends like crazy :( Life is almost back to normal so I'll be back online soooooooooooon!

It's great to see you back again, Odette! I've missed your fantastic meal descriptions! It's good to hear that your life is getting back to the norm!

Stuffed bell peppers tonight. I'll use ground beef, couscous, onion, tomato sauce and various spices for the stuffing.

Tonight, I'll be trying my first attempt at "Southwestern Sushi".

I'll be using the 5.5", Extra thin "Mission" corn tortillas and the following ingredients to roll into chilled tubes which will then be sliced into disc's.

Spanish Rice
Krab Sticks
Shrimp
Leftover meatloaf
Thin sliced ham
Cheddar block cheese
Pepper Jack cheese
Spring Onions
Red, Yellow and Green Bell Peppers
Shredded Carrot
Celery
Flavored Cream Cheese

I'm going to pig out on these fantastic sounding and easy to eat yummies.

I'll take a pic of a prepared plate and post it later, (If I can still move :pig:).

Thanks again to MonaSchmitt for her wonderful idea to do this, and PrincessFiona60 for the very appropriate name for it!

Last edited:

Yay :clap:
Your conversation has been sorely missed, Snippers.

I had a big lunch, so I'm not sure yet about dinner tonight. But when I know, you'll know :)

Scrambled FRESH eggs, the last of the lettuce from the garden, and kale. I might just have the eggs, been feeling a bit off today so something easy on the tummy for me.

great to see you back, snip!!

well, i got the garden cleaned up and the lawn cut, which gave me lots of quiet time to say prayers for the boy who was killed by a train monday.

up until my neighbors came out on their deck. the ladies don't speak as much as cackle, loudly! no wonder their husbands spend a lot of time in their mosque. probably praying to be rendered deaf, lol.

anywho, it's time for kielbasi, kraut, onions, and potatoes in casserole. yummmmmmm.

Welcome back, Snip! Hope the move went well!

Have no idea, I'm kinda sick of soup by now. Would love to make Mona's rollups, but I have to clean up for the cleaning lady tomorrow, and it's Survivor night.

Hey Snip! we missed you. Hope you are back full time soon!

I think tonight is going to be orange chicken, fried rice and beef with broccoli. I am cheating 'cause it's a week night and I am working late most of this weekl..............so it's TJ's orange chicken, but I will make the beef and broccoli from scratch, gotta go find that recipe and you tube vid that somebody posted recently (maybe it was Tim).:chef:

Durn!! too late to edit my previous post. I found the recipe I was looking for and I must give credit where credit is due, It was a post by Powerplantop where he inserted a youtube video of himself preparing broccolli beef using the velveting method for preparing/marinating the beef. Yay! I am going to try this tonight! Thanks PTP. Sorry it wasn't you Timothy, but you have sumitted many very informative posts. So you both get some kudos in the form of reputation! ;)

i have store bought ribs. called a snacker size, just right for just me. lloyd's is the brand i think. one half left over baked potato and maybe an ear of fresh corn. popcorn later.

Back
Top Bottom