Dinner Wednesday 6th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i miss unka bob, too. :(

gg, that place looks interesting. why are all the prices $x.88?

lol, jabbur. the "price is right" is calling.

snip, your sausages sound really good.

and once again, rock, man, that's the stuff!

dw made chicken fajitas and yellow rice tonight. the fajitas were very good using mccormick's fajita seasoning.

Last edited:
DW and I both came home exhausted - me from hobbling around on crutches and she from volunteering at a homeless shelter all day - so we decided to go out for pasta tonight rather than make it ourselves. We have a nice little authentic trattoria in town. This was the penne with artichokes and scallops. Very tasty. They also make the best Limoncello I've ever had, in or out of Italy.

img_1245731_0_f65c497b588cbd7e7f1c7c1d93e29153.jpg
(((((Steve)))))))))!! I'm with you buddy.....these broken bones will sure feel good when they're mended, (we hope).
We've been getting in each others way in the kitchen but tonight we did good ole hamburgers and my Steve did potato pancakes.

I've got some sub rolls to use up. I'm going to head to the store and pick up some frozen meatballs, a jar of chunky Prego and some provolone. Ta-da.
I need the frozen meatballs anyway. I want to make some moinkballs soon.
"moinkballs"???

Moo and oink. A mix of beef and pork, as far as I can figure out.

Actually,it's meatballs wrapped in bacon and grilled, usually with the addition of BBQ sauce. Variations abound but the basics are the meatballs and the bacon.

Actually,it's meatballs wrapped in bacon and grilled, usually with the addition of BBQ sauce. Variations abound but the basics are the meatballs and the bacon.

:yum: Will have to try these!

gg, that place looks interesting. why are all the prices $x.88?

It's memorable? ;) I think it's part of their zen vibe. Unfortunately I couldn't go last night. We had a lot of wind and some freezing rain and I was nervous about going out with my broken foot. So we had tacos at home last night.

Btw, my break is relatively minor. Just a couple of tarsal bones. I can walk with a boot thing, but the wind almost blew me over when I was out during the afternoon.

Last edited:
Moinkballs; Andy hit it. Bacon wrapped meatballs. I do them in the smoker by putting a rub on the meatballs, wrapping the meatballs in bacon, securing with a toothpick, then smoking them. I give them a dunk in BBQ sauce towards the end.

Those frozen meatballs I had last night were pretty good. Nice texture. Mama Lucias or something like that. BOGO, so I got 30 meatballs for 3 bucks. I think I'll buy a couple more boxes while they are on sale.

Back
Top Bottom