Dinner Wednesday, 8-26-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have early plans! :w00t: The shrimp scampi I made on Monday were so good, I'm making a few more up to add to a dinner salad. Along with various greens and the usual veggie suspects, I'll add the shrimp, some rotisserie chicken, bacon, and an HB egg to each salad. We have some random breads to finish off, but it might not be a surprise if I end up baking a tube of Grands biscuits.

What are your hopes and dreams? For dinner, that is. ;)

Ha, my "hopes and dreams" are I won't be cooking. We have leftover pizza, chicken wings, marinated grilled veggies, and the last of the potato salad. We usually eat leftovers for lunch but they've been hands off the last couple of days.

Your super duper Chef's Salad sounds spectacular CG!! :chef::yum:

Hot here today, so I'll be having some kind of salad - I'm kind of leaning towards an Asian style slaw with chopped cashews, and watermelon on the side. Fixin' to brew some tea so I'll have a nice cold pitcher for this afternoon.

Chicken hash and an egg!

No potatoes were harmed in the making of this hash! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Chopped leftover chicken, onion, mushrooms, carrot and a pickled hot pepper to wake it up a little!

My hopes and dreams ? So far it has been a failrly happy and satisfying day. I will try to keep it that way.

Dinner is easy. Burritos with yesterday's innards from one spicy rice and bean stuffed pepper, one cooked pepper, sliced, plus some more black beans to use them all up. Add cheese. Heat. Add salsa and sour cream. Voila. Takes longer to talk about it than do it. Watermelon chilling in the frig for slicing. And yes, it is Ice Tea weather again.

Glenn and I haven't had much of an appetite recently but, in spite of that, I made a batch of red wine-mushroom tomato pasta sauce, cooked up the fresh sausage tortellini I bought at the market yesterday and turned it into a layered dish, separating the layers with mozzarella cheese. I'll bake it long enough to heat it through and serve it it with steamed broccoli and some of the French bread I made this morning. The usual iced tea but no dessert tonight. We just haven't had the appetite for it. I'm sure that'll change.

Chicken fried steak with mashies, gravy and braised carrots.:yum:

...Your super duper Chef's Salad sounds spectacular CG!! :chef::yum:
Thank you, Kayelle. It was lovely to look at, which we didn't do for long, because it was also delicious to eat. After all that wholesome food, though, I sure could go for a hot fudge sundae about now. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2015-08-26 21.09.37.jpg
    2015-08-26 21.09.37.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 168
Thanks, ladies! It tasted even better than it looked.

What, Kayelle, you don't recognize a Trader Joe's dressing? It's their "Romano Caesar Dressing". It's one of Himself's favorites. If I'm lucky, I'm able to snag one use out of it before the bottle is empty.

Dawg, there was NO room for a sundae. Just because my taste buds want it doesn't mean they get it. :LOL: Besides, my favorite way is spooning thick hot fudge over coffee ice cream. No hot fudge (and too lazy to make any), no coffee ice cream. If I burp enough, I can scoop once from the vanilla with a soup spoon and drizzle a little Hershey's syrup over it. "Soup Spoon Sundae" is sometimes enough.

Thanks, ladies! It tasted even better than it looked.

What, Kayelle, you don't recognize a Trader Joe's dressing? It's their "Romano Caesar Dressing". It's one of Himself's favorites. If I'm lucky, I'm able to snag one use out of it before the bottle is empty.

That looks great, CG! I decided against the Asian slaw salad this evening and ended up with almost exactly the same salad as you and Himself, except without the shrimp. Even used the same dressing. :)

Kay....you have to try this salad dressing of which CG speaks. :yum: It's fabulous.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
That looks great, CG! I decided against the Asian slaw salad this evening and ended up with almost exactly the same salad as you and Himself, except without the shrimp. Even used the same dressing. :)

Kay....you have to try this salad dressing of which CG speaks. :yum: It's fabulous.

Holy cow, there's something I've missed at TJ's? It's on my list for next week!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom