Dinner Wednesday Aug 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Anyone got plans yet? I have a chicken brining as we speak. (little garlic and thyme, nothing too fancy) Think I'll do some roasted root veggies with it and maybe a nice salad. I have some blueberries I need to use up so that will feature in dessert tonight. What about you guys?

I am going to lightly dust some bnls. chicken thighs and saute w/onions, potatoes, canned mixed greens w/vinegar, corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes.

oh I do, got plans that is. when in West Palm Beach Florida, it's Carraba's for me. so tonight'll be no different. Spaghetti Bolognese and Caesar Salad, large iced T.

^^^^^^^dh is home and kinda having the same thing^^^^^^^. only his is called freezer corn dogs, :LOL:he'll have both of them left in the package. hey 18 seconds in the microwave ain't too bad right? can't help it if the man can't cook:ROFLMAO:

Mixed Veg (carrots, cauli, broc, peas), 8 mini brats inside a 10 inch Yorkshire pudding and topped up with gravy :)

we`ll have one each.

since our trip to the orchard sunday, we've been inhaling peaches, nectarines, plums, and jonah gold apples every night. and my raspberries at home are exploding again.

so, i'm sure it'll be more fruit salad tonight for starters.
and steamed supersweet corn. oh, the corn...

then i have skirt steaks marinating in italian dressing, and some locally made hot italian sausage ready for the grill. i'll probably fry some onions, pepper, fennels seeds, hot pepper flakes, and a little tomato sauce to make sammiches with the saus-eege, or the steaks. gotta remember to stop at the bakery for portugese rolls.

yep, got plans too, just heading to the kitchen after a HOT morning of canning...'tis dh's birthday today. What's he want for dinner?

corn on the cob

mashed potatoes

think I will add some color, how 'bout something chocolate?

:LOL::LOL:

that's actually my name. When we married, before I got into genealogy, I thought my family were the last zarings on earth, and us being all girls, I tried to extend the name as long as possible.....but thanks for the good wishes, I will relay them:cool:

Stir fry of some sort, most likely.
Got napa cabbage, some shiitakes, shrimp, beef, red pepper,
carrots and who knows what else....

DH is out of town and it's my regular Wed. dinner out with friends - we're heading to a seafood restaurant with a 3-course pre-fixe meal for $18. Can't wait to find out what it is :)

mushrooms and a little garlic is always a good start :)
perhaps some onion coarsely diced and bell pepper, then serve it with some basmati rice.

C`mon, you know what to do ;)

Same hear...I have boneless chicken breast, and the Wok is out! What else goes in? I want know until it does!

Enjoy!!!

In addition to YT's suggestions, how about some celery and fresh grated ginger? Maybe scallions or chives? Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds or peanuts and a drizzle of sesame oil.

Trip to the beach had to be put on hold so Dh is taking me to a family run restaurant that we both love..They grow all their own veggies and fruit, and their steaks and chicken are yummy..So I already know it's going to be a steak sammie on two thick slices of french bread soaked in meat juice, mushrooms, tomatoes, sliced onions, pickles and the best fries ever, plus before this a trip to a really nice salad bar..Can hardly wait for the salad and fruit...
kadesma:)

Grilled Chicken Sandwhich on Toasted Kaiser w/ swiss cheese Lettuce Tomato and of course some bbq sauce.

:)Thick slices of eggplant breaded and fried Im goiong to make eggplant stacks with mozzarella,a really spicy marinara cant decide if I want to use some roasted red peppers and mushrooms to.Some french bread and salad.

Spicy turkey rolls with green chilies and Monterey Jack cheese. Not sure what else. Buck is cooking tonight. He cooks on the day I am away shopping for vittles and supplies. I'm whupped. I was gone 9 hours and had about 23 stops in 100-degree heat. Pew!

Back
Top Bottom