Dinner, Wednesday July 16th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner tonight, thought about it when driving home last night. Cooking is never far from my thoughts. We’ll finish up that lemon cake that has two pieces left in the freezer. If DS comes to stay with us tonight, he can have the other piece as I don’t need it. < Just love it is all.

Turkey mini tenderloins, that will be rubbed in pesto: olive oil, basil, mint, lemon juice, tiny bit soy, pepper, poultry seasoning. Then toast off a slice of NYT bread, cut the crust off, put in processor to make crumbs and mix it with 2 T of Masa Harina. Roll the tenderloins in there, then bake off 375* preheated for 25 or so minutes. Slice it to ½ inch and lay it on top of lemon, garlic, cilantro mashed potatoes. Fresh green beans barely steamed with garlic, lemon, parm cheese, salt and pepper and 3 drizzles of Tuscan balsamic.

I have a chunk of beef we screwed up on the grill the other night...
I'll throw it in the crockpot to tender up and make some enchiladas or something out of it I think.

Tonight is family night. I plan to grill some steaks, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, salad and lemon cake for dessert.

Today is DH's birthday, so we're having some friends over and I am making a salmon salade nicoise. With grilled garlic bread. And hubby's favorite: Lemon Sour Cream Poundcake. Cake is in the oven....

Today is DH's birthday, so we're having some friends over and I am making a salmon salade nicoise. With grilled garlic bread. And hubby's favorite: Lemon Sour Cream Poundcake. Cake is in the oven....

Happy birthday to Mr. MexicoKaren. :LOL:

Tonight I'm making RESERVATIONS, as we're both having a long workday. DW never turns her nose up to RESERVATIONS.

Joe

We go to our local park on Wednesday in the summer for "Music in the Park" I take a picnic supper. Tonight will be more of a challenge because we have our grand kids who are 7 and 4 and are picky eaters. I think I will pick up a roasted chicken and make a corn & arugula salad, some bread and they sell ice cream cones there :) I know they would probably like some kind of fast food, but I refuse to do it.

We also take a bottle of pinot noir, juice and water.

Ahhh - thanks so much for your birthday wishes for Jerry. I'll be sure to tell him! He is 62 today (certainly doesn't look it). Hooray - time to start drawing Social Security! Here he is, working on our upstairs addition:
1910116518_b50e905c70.jpg

CHanged my mind. I'll grill some marinated boneless chicken breast, chop up some basil, garlic and tomato, put it on top of the chicken and top it all w/ mozz cheese and melt.
Sounds good anyway I'm making it up as I go.

I'm on my own tonight!! Yippee!! Dh and ds are going to Erie, Pa. until tomorrow. They're checking out a Tech school for ds. I'll have to think of something to make that dh and ds don't care for so I don't make often. Or I just may go out.....

Barb

pasta puttanesca- my new love. my anchovies were really old, best by december '06, so if yins don't hear from me, i croaked.:ohmy::-p

Last edited:

The salad sounds delicious as does the cake, Karen. Wish your hubby a happy Bday from me.

Everyone was out but the border tonight so I heated some of his favourite chili and a couple of baking powder biscuits. I wasn't feeling much like eating between pain and heat so may have a salad later.

pasta puttanesca- my new love. my anchovies were really old, best by december '06, so if yins don't hear from me, i croaked.:ohmy::-p

Hmm, I think it is time to buy some new ones....and to make puttanesca (yummm) more often!!!! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom