Dinner Wednesday, June 12, 2019 ~ National Jerky Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 35173
[Zippy's brand Chili, steamed Rice, Vienna Beef Franks
and homemade Mac Salad]

Hawaii-Style Chili Frank Plate
1 scoop Rice, 1 scoop Mac
OMG! :yum:
DH's surgery is tomorrow morning and he can't have
anything after midnight!

Local Comfort has been the order of the day!

View attachment 35174
[Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Fried Rice]

Dessert later will be TJ's Belgian Chocolate Pudding
with Whipped Cream and chopped Pecans

Been there many times. Hope he isn't grumpy in the morning. What time is his surgery? Wishing him the best of good luck and total success. He will come home a better feeling man than he already is.

Without knowing it was National Jerky Day, I bought a bag of jerky about an hour ago at 7-eleven. :huh: The cashier told me it was National Jerky Day when I went to pay for it.

I only buy jerky about 3 times a year, so that was quite a coincidence.

CD

Addie, he has to be checked-in by 11am and surgery begins
at 1pm. It should only take an hour and I feel quite confident
in this doctor and his staff.
And yes, he's grumpy already :LOL:

He will be in my prayers tonight. And I will tell Scott to look down on him and look after him like he did for the residents that he cared so much for in this building.

casey, that is quite the co-inky-dink! It was meant to be.

Oven potatoes got a bit crunchy. I guess that's what happens when you pay more attention to the hockey game than dinner. No relish tray tonight. Instead, I used the time to make a batch of shortcake biscuits. Ross will be pleased.

IMG_20190612_220535925_HDR.jpg

Been there many times. Hope he isn't grumpy in the morning. What time is his surgery? Wishing him the best of good luck and total success. He will come home a better feeling man than he already is.

I couldn't help but giggle over that ^

Kgirl, be sure to let us know if he feels even better to you when he gets back home.:heart: ;)
Best wishes on a perfect recovery.

I couldn't help but giggle over that ^

Kgirl, be sure to let us know if he feels even better to you when he gets back home.:heart: ;)
Best wishes on a perfect recovery.

He will still be a bit groggy when he gets home. Every time I have had to have surgery, once I shake of any anesthesia, I just want to get a normal sleep. Day surgery, ALWAYS leaves me groggy. Let me get home so I can go back to sleep.

I feel more for Kgirl than I do him. I remember one time when my BIL called my sister upstairs when he had the flu. He needed to complain that the hair on his arm was hurting. He wanted her to shave his arm. She picked up a pillow and put it over his mouth, Don't call me again!", then went back downstairs. We teased him about that for years.

"Hey Lou, how does the hair on your arm feel today?"

"That's not funny. It really hurt."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom