Dinner, Wednesday May 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amy and LP,
Another stuffed cabbage fan here too! Mine's from my Polish background. I use my Grandmother's recipe, never written down but I have it memorized from watching her and my Mom make them. Golumbki and Pierogi!

But tonight it will be left-over shepherd's pie.

Mmmm, maple-planked salmon. I do cedar-planked salmon all the time, but maple sounds intriguing. I'm just grazing in the fridge tonight. I'm a little be off my feed today. Cheese curls and chocolate sound appealing for some reason. Well, and I have a mango that needs to be eaten.

All of you having salmon! I wanted to grill one but this morning was pretty cloudy and looked like rain so I changed the menu to oven fried chicken with rosemary potato wedges and salad. The salmon will be for tomorrow for sure, grilled or in the oven.

i made an experiment of shepherds pie. used ready cooked sirlon tips in bottom of casser. i added green beans,(canned) corn(frozen cooked) and carrot coins (frozen cooked) and sauted some white onions, mixed it all together and added more gravy. the tips had some in package. jarred gravy.
mashed potatoes on the top. it looks really good. made it for my son and his family.

i am having a home made giant cheese burger on onion bun, chips.

babe:chef::chef:

Had a wonderful dinner with the kids, dad. Steak on the grill, baked potatoes, salad, fresh bread and frosted brownies. Best of all was the company.

I created another stew this morning. The usual ingredients: Pork shoulder steaks, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic. Added a package of Thai stew mix and Thai beef bullion to 4 cups water. Added salt, pepper, parsley as well. Then added in 1/2 cup red wine, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 2tbsp Pickapepper, 4tbsp Hickory liquid smoke, and 1tbsp browning and seasoning sauce (for color).
DW said it had a wonderful Teriyaki taste to it along with just the right kick. Another hit with the kids too.

I created another stew this morning. The usual ingredients: Pork shoulder steaks, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic. Added a package of Thai stew mix and Thai beef bullion to 4 cups water. Added salt, pepper, parsley as well. Then added in 1/2 cup red wine, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 2tbsp Pickapepper, 4tbsp Hickory liquid smoke, and 1tbsp browning and seasoning sauce (for color).
DW said it had a wonderful Teriyaki taste to it along with just the right kick. Another hit with the kids too.

I have the pork shoulder steaks in the fridge. I might just try this. By the way, isn't this day 4 of Thai flavours? At least it isn't Panang:LOL:

Taco Bell.... had a bit of a disaster somehow while cutting back some old plumbing lines that ran to the now deomlished bathroom above the kitchen debris or something clogged up the facuet in the kitchen sink requireing an eveing trip to HD for a replacement (after taking the thing apart and failing to clear it) and a lot or wrangling on my back under the sink and put the kitchen out of use. Not making dinner in the middle of that mess. Sometimes fast food is a good thing.

On this note for those of you who replace your cabinets... dont put a wood divider directely down the middle between the doors under your sink it makes it really tough to get under there with a wrench.

change of plans.

i grilled last night. sweet and sour marinated chicken breasts, and cheddar stuffed burgers.

dw made baked spuds and steamed broccoli.

I have the pork shoulder steaks in the fridge. I might just try this. By the way, isn't this day 4 of Thai flavours? At least it isn't Panang:LOL:

This always happens the week after we go visit the Thai grocery store, and lunch today was Tofu Pad Thai, LOL.
I still have some Thai BBQ packets in the cupboard I am going to make this weekend as well. And my next venture this summer will be a Bangkok Steak, done right it is out of this world.

As for the pork shoulder steaks, I put em in whole, then after it has all cooked for at least 8 hours I take em out and chop em up then put em back in. Sometimes I don't even have to take em out, they just fall apart into the stew.

Back
Top Bottom