Dinner Wednesday, Nov 12th...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well dessert is in the oven right now. (Apple pie) Supper will be chicken something. Parmesan likely. With a green salad and maybe a broccoli/wild rice casserole. We cleaned out most of the leftovers last night so theres room in the fridge for some more!

Thanks Q, maybe I'll give it a try.
I was just looking at that lb of burger and I noticed I have some cabbage...... I may change dinner plans altogether.
I'm munching on pepperjack and Ritz right now (lol)

I made a quickie chinese dumpling soup (recipe was in the new Food Network magazine) and I have a pumpkin/maple cream cheese bundt cake in the oven.

As you all can see, I have more than enough time on my hands today. My son comes by for dinner on Wednesdays so I decided to make one of his childhood favourites.

Sweet & Sour meatballs over egg noodles. This recipe comes from my mother in law, using Sauce Arturo and whole berry cranberry sauce.

I also made apple oatmeal cookies.

Waaaaaaay too much time on my hands....and, the dishwasher is already emptied and the sink is clean. I cannot stand it.

I had this huge honkin pork chop in the fridge,
So I braised it with root veggies in white wine and chicken stock
Worked out well!

No meatloaf for us - sewer back-up has flooded us and and we have been bailing for several hours. Now water is shut off in the building. Thankfully we have a bottle system for drinking and I can use it for cooking if I have to.

More likely we will either call in our go out.

Pacanis, want to send us one of your great frozen pizzas?

It was in the 50's today (big change from the snow two days ago). I grilled burgers and brats. We also had baked beans and french fries.

Barb

Halibet, green beans, augratin potatoes, brocolli slaw and chocolate cake for desert.

last night, dw made really delicious turkey meatballs and spaghetti. i'm not that big of a fan of meatballs, but they were so good i had 3 1/2! :pig:

since i had'nt eaten much all day, i got the munchies around eleven and made a weird type of sloppy joe. i had some leftover london broil, dry italian summer sausage, marinated onions, boursin cheese, and edamame.

so i diced the meats, onions, and shelled the edamame. put everything in a frying pan with some a1 sauce and ketchup, and melted the boursin into it.
it was strangely good on burger buns.

Back
Top Bottom