Dinner Wednesday the 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Making a new recipe today. Poule ala creme. I got the recipe from the new Jacques Pepin cooking show, Heart and Soul. Great show with his daughter and granddaughter.

As we all know, some dishes are better the next day. I made a lobster salad yesterday, which will be dinner tonight. I am going to make a Chicken and tasso jambalaya for tomorrows dinner. Getting down to the last of the homemade tasso and andouille. Maybe time for some curing, sausage making and smoking.:)

I'll be doing a stir fry with beef/sugar snap peas/mushrooms using the Chinese Velveting technique for the thinly sliced beef sirloin. It will be over Jasmine rice for him, and spinach for me.

Last edited:
Mostly I am hungry for a green salad with some sliced cukes,, radish and onion and tomatoes on it. Maybe some sliced avocado if they have already ripe ones. I have none of these, so a trip to the store is in short order. Otherwise, I am not too hungry.

We're having Mexican Mystery Meat ;) I found a chunk of meat in the freezer yesterday with no identification of what it is. The freezer bag was partially opened so I decided to go ahead and thaw and cook it today. I'm sure it's either pork shoulder or a chuck roast. I'm going to cook it in the Instant Pot with lard, Mexican seasonings and a quick jalapeno-tomatillo sauce and make chile verde. I'll probably make tacos with it with corn tortillas, Monterey Jack cheese, sliced avocado and pickled red onions.

I did a variation of a wrap i.e. instead of bread I used fresh egg lasagna (rolled up)!

I spread the cooked lasagna sheets with mayo, placed some ham on it, then cooked asparagus spears and rolled it up. Interesting!

Lots of scope for variations e.g. omelette replacing the ham with grated cheese and sun dried tomatoes would be good. Or spread with pesto then fried chicken strips and roasted veg.

(I tend to find the normal wrap a bit like eating thin cardboard).

Last edited:
Had a massive steak and some turnip greens.

Ok. I only ate about a third of the steak. ;)

img_1462714_0_3ccb180f8496e9a907be83a7e7978092.jpg

Oh my gosh, Steve...that steak looks mouthwatering good! :yum:

It's almost 6:30 now, so it'll be a late dinner for me. I lightly floured and browned a pork sirloin chop, added a little chicken stock, covered the pan, and it's braising. Steamed cauliflower and carrots will be sides. I'm hoping to have dinner by 7. :ohmy::)

....I lightly floured and browned a pork sirloin chop, added a little chicken stock, covered the pan, and it's braising. Steamed cauliflower and carrots will be sides. I'm hoping to have dinner by 7. :ohmy::)

It was delish, and fork tender. I added a small splash of milk to the hot pan drippings, poured a little over the chop, took a quick blurry pic and dived in - I was sooo hungry. :yum:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Thanks, K! I don't have access to a grill at the moment, so what I do is roast it in the oven until the internal temp is 120, then quickly pan sear in a little butter just to put a nice crust on the outside.

Hey, I know you miss your grill Steve, but a good cook like you can adapt.
Good on you! That's just stellar!

What great looking and sounding meals tonight...thank you!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom