Don't Be Embarrassed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every few years I get a craving for a baloney sangwich, on Wonderbread, with Miracle Whip. The funny thing is, I hate all of those things usually.

A dish that I love but probably wouldn't serve to guests is boneless, skinless chicken breasts, coated heavily with sour cream, rolled in crushed Cheesit Crackers and baked for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees. You wouldn't believe how some people turn up their noses when they hear I've used Cheesit Cracker crumbs as a crust for chicken. I guess its not "gourmet" enough for them.

I used to love these foods as guilyt pleasures:

a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Dinty Moore beef stew, potato chip tuna casserole, chili con queso made with Velvetta and salsa, fried baloney sandwiches......

what can I say? I DO live in Kentucky!

Every few years I get a craving for a baloney sangwich, on Wonderbread, with Miracle Whip. The funny thing is, I hate all of those things usually.

A dish that I love but probably wouldn't serve to guests is boneless, skinless chicken breasts, coated heavily with sour cream, rolled in crushed Cheesit Crackers and baked for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees. You wouldn't believe how some people turn up their noses when they hear I've used Cheesit Cracker crumbs as a crust for chicken. I guess its not "gourmet" enough for them.

I used to make Cheese Its Chicken all the time - it pretty good but so bad for you...... yum.

I'm not embarrased about these, but wouldn't serve them to guests. :)
Creamed chipped beef on toast.
Saltines with butter.
Peanut butter and sandwich spread sandwiches. (The relish type stuff in a jar - not sure if it's still in the stores).
Nestle chocolate powdered mix with milk.
:)

Speaking of cheez-its......I love snacking on cheez-its and chocolate milk!!! I completely feel like a kid again each time!!!:mrgreen:

This is the best thread ever, lol. I have so many guilty pleasures that fit into this category.

1.) Peanut butter and honey sammiches

2.) Liverwurst on white toast with a tiny bit of chopped raw onion. (YUM)

3.) Canned tuna with pickle relish on Club crackers

4.) Curry-flavor ramen with lots of jarred shitake mushrooms

5.) FRIED SHOYU SPAM with rice and Kimchi!

6.) Gorton's breaded fish fillet on sub roll with chopped dill pickle and old bay

7.) Tuna Helper (or similar tuna noodle casserole-ish dish)

;)Tell you what I love.....Cottatge cheese with apple juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum....Yum
Also Kraft dinner prepared as on the box, add a drained can of tuna and 1/3 cup salsa....you will not be disappointed.

Sardines or kippers with crackers and pimento cream cheese....

And toasted bread with crunchy peanut butter and banana.

Try grilled cheese and onion sandwiches with ketchup.

And last but not least I must have my fries sprinkled with white vinegar.

Sardines or kippers with crackers and pimento cream cheese....

This reminds me, I love kippered herring. Throw it under the broiler, top with a tiny dab of mustard, serve on crackers. Epic.

Additionally, when I'm feeling lazy on prep but I can still do a quick trip to the store (I have a WF that's a 5-min walk), I'll pick up some fresh, cleaned sardines, give them a quick going-over with olive oil, sea salt, and then toss them in the deep fryer. It's quick and unbelievably tasty. I like to pair it with some wilted dandelion greens with kalamata olive (ALWAYS in the fridge), crumbled feta, olive oil, S&P, and a squeeze of lemon. This isn't really an "embarassing comfort food" per se, but it's stupid easy and takes essentially no time. It's also very good for you.

EDIT: Also hella cheap. I get fresh sardines for $4/lb (when they're available) and dandelion greens are almost free, lol.

What is something you LOVE to eat but would be embarrassed to either admit to, or cook for a guest??!!:blush::mrgreen:

Mine would be Sloppy Joes over rice.....I love the stuff! But of course would never make it for anyone other than myself or my daughter!

:angel:

white-castle-slyders.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom