Dream Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HP sauce is very much like steak sauce, I think you can get HP Steak Sauce over here, but it doesn't taste quite like the original HP sauce you get in England.

The 'HP' stands for 'Houses of Parliament' and it was originally invented in 1899. I get it from my local British store, you can also get it from World Market. We have it on sausages, hot-dogs, cheese sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, with cold meats, on chips (fries), and, of course, on bacon sandwiches LOL!

I keep meaning to print out a picture of some british bacon and see if my local butcher can cut it for me...

Paint.

My dream breakfast? That's too hard! Don't mean to leave anyone out, but these are the first three that came to mind:

Anything crewsk makes for her family every day. Help drive TC to school, then back home for more breakfast. Then I'll stay for dinner.

Banana bread baked by Audeo. And one of her son's power shakes. And hours of gab.

Goodweed's pancakes, cooked by Goodweed. Followed by lots of coffee and a nice long heart-to-heart.

I posted my big "piggy" dream breakfast before, but if I wanted the perfect, lighter breakfast it would be a scone (ginger or orange) and a cafe au lait.

SierraCook said:
3 egg Denver omelet
Country potatoes
Sourdough toast
Fresh squeezed OJ
Ice cold glass of milk

or

Biscuits and gravy
Bacon
Hashbrowns
Coffee

or

Belgian waffles with real maple syrup and real butter
Coffee or milk

or

2 jalapeno bagels, toasted and smothered in cream cheese
OJ

Sorry, I just couldn't make up my mind.

yep... everything sierra said

PA, for a light breakfast, I suggest we fly to Hawaii and eat a plateful of fresh fruit on wasabi's lanai with some Kona coffee.

Or you ditch work, we drive all night to NYC, and catch up with buckytom after he's worked the late shift again and go for sushi before he heads home to dw and you and I go shopping.

mudbug said:
My dream breakfast? That's too hard! Don't mean to leave anyone out, but these are the first three that came to mind:

Anything crewsk makes for her family every day. Help drive TC to school, then back home for more breakfast. Then I'll stay for dinner.

Banana bread baked by Audeo. And one of her son's power shakes. And hours of gab.

Goodweed's pancakes, cooked by Goodweed. Followed by lots of coffee and a nice long heart-to-heart.

Thanks mudbug! I'd be more than happy to fix breakfast for you & have 2nds hot for you when you get back from taking TC to school! :LOL:

How could I forget fresh fruit in my perfect breakfast? When on my honeymoon that was something I loved. Breakfast every morning for me was a large plate of all sorts of exotic fruits. Everything from mango to papaya to leeche nuts to fruits I had never heard of before (soursap was one of them I think). Wow that brings back good memories :)

GB said:
How could I forget fresh fruit in my perfect breakfast? When on my honeymoon that was something I loved. Breakfast every morning for me was a large plate of all sorts of exotic fruits. Everything from mango to papaya to leeche nuts to fruits I had never heard of before (soursap was one of them I think). Wow that brings back good memories :)

Wow--that sounds good! Where did you go?

mudbug said:
PA, for a light breakfast, I suggest we fly to Hawaii and eat a plateful of fresh fruit on wasabi's lanai with some Kona coffee.

Or you ditch work, we drive all night to NYC, and catch up with buckytom after he's worked the late shift again and go for sushi before he heads home to dw and you and I go shopping.

The weather is warm, the coffee's hot and the fruits's fresh....come on down. Then I'll join you for sushi with bucky.

mudbug said:

Like Wasabi said, let's do it all (well maybe not the sushi part :roll: )! :D :D

PA Baker said:
GB said:

Wow--that sounds good! Where did you go?
This was in Jamaica. I would also have a fruit smoothy and a cup of black coffee, but when I would order it black they would correct me. "No mon, here we don't call it back coffee. We say straight from the mountain" :)

for me, it's eggs over easy, devilled eggs, homefries cooked in bacon grease (onions and spuds only, no bell pepper), interleaved slices of grilled canadian bacon, grilled filet mignon, and butter fried foie gras with a drizzle of steak sauce, multigrain toast with sweet butter, a toasted bialy with salted butter, a bagel with scallion and chive cream cheese and smoked salmon, pickled herring with lab scaus, supreme of citrus salad, tropical fruit salad, prosciutto wrapped honeydew slices, grilled shrimp and waterchestnut slices wrapped in maple bacon, bananas and whipped cream wrapped in crepes with a vanilla sauce, blueberry and cranberry muffins, buttermilk pancakes with vermont maple syrup and butter, fresh squeezed orange juice, cranberry juice cocktail, bloody mary's with horseradish, earl grey supreme tea, and an irish coffee.

Hmmm i would first have some potatoes sauteed with some stripes of beef tenderloin, and onions in some olive oil. Everything in the pan would be salt and peppered. Ill allow the onions and potaotes to brown. Den remove everything and pour some red wine to make a sauce with some tomatoes. I would eat that with an egg sunny side up on top of rice. After that i would make some crepes. with some raspberry creme sauce. After the crepes i would eat some type of melon like catanlope or honeydew along with some pears to go along with the crepe and creme sauce. To accomny the last items i would drink some green tea.

For me, it would be at my grandma's house (if I could go back in time to when they were alive) and I would come downstairs to a bowl of sugar smaks, or milk & bread with sugar on top, followed by two eggs, cooked in the poaching pan, followed by good breakfast sausage links (no broken skins on those links please), and my grandpa comming in with freshly made pancakes singing "pancakes are deliscious, pancakes are so fine. I oughtta know, 'cause I like 'em so, that I eat 'em all the time."

Serve this with a big glass of cold, whole milk.

"Grandma, can I go over to Gordy's?"

The other perfect breakfast would be to make pancakes with my Dad again, and drizzle sausage grease over top before putting on the syrup.

Their pancakes may not have been as good as mine, but the atmosphere of love made the meals rich. I love doing the same with my own family, being the patriarch of the kitchen in my home.

Food is great on its own, but is so much better when you can share it with those people you love. I also enjoyed the rare breakfast meal at my Mom's house, and those were memorable as well, though not frequent.

But in those days, if you made pancakes, I was there. :D

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

as soon as i can get all of the ingredients together jkath! :D but i think we should have it at goodweed's. he sounds like he's got the warmest, comfiest, most loving home and hearth!

Back
Top Bottom