Earth Day Dinner - Saturday 4/22/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made gluten free battered cod, oven fries and kale salad.

We had the last of the frozen yogurt. And that will be the last until after we move, unless we buy it from the store. The ice cream maker is going to be packed tomorrow.

This was not actually very good :( I thought it was bland and ended up adding Thai sweet chile sauce and Maggi seasoning and used Shaoxing rice wine to deglaze the pan after stir-frying the veggies. It's a good concept, but needs tweaking for our taste. View attachment 26719

Thanks for the report... It isn't fun when the taste of a recipe doesn't live up to expectations..

Ross

What kind of diet are you cheating from?!

Hiya Miss Beth!!! ~ The short answer is I'm not on a diet! ~ The long answer is....Christmas Day 2015 I told my family I was going to lose 50 lbs. :ermm: They all laughed and said it couldn't be done...well except for my daughter, who knows her daddy's resolve. So I changed my eating habits...watching what I ate and how much....counting calories somewhat at times. On June 11th 2016 I reached my goal. :clap:My weight at that time was kinda an odd number, so I decided I'll lose just a little more to make it round out! ;) So I lost another 15 lbs. So hear I am a total of 65 lbs. down.:cool: Blood work numbers are way down (or in a couple of cases up which is a positive) well within the normal ranges, some medications have been cut in half etc. ~~ I believe if one goes ON a diet, one will get OFF a diet in a lot of cases. So I've changed my eating habits and lifestyle somewhat. However, Saturdays are my cheat day. I eat anything I want in any amount on Saturday. Beginning Sunday mornings I start to modify what I eat some what...kinda a step down day....Monday it's back back to my life style. Obviously I feel better, sleep better, more stamina etc, etc....plus I have 99% new wardrobe!! :LOL:

Thanks for asking! Love ya!

Hiya Miss Beth!!! ~ The short answer is I'm not on a diet! ~ The long answer is....Christmas Day 2015 I told my family I was going to lose 50 lbs. :ermm: They all laughed and said it couldn't be done...well except for my daughter, who knows her daddy's resolve. So I changed my eating habits...watching what I ate and how much....counting calories somewhat at times. On June 11th 2016 I reached my goal. :clap:My weight at that time was kinda an odd number, so I decided I'll lose just a little more to make it round out! ;) So I lost another 15 lbs. So hear I am a total of 65 lbs. down.:cool: Blood work numbers are way down (or in a couple of cases up which is a positive) well within the normal ranges, some medications have been cut in half etc. ~~ I believe if one goes ON a diet, one will get OFF a diet in a lot of cases. So I've changed my eating habits and lifestyle somewhat. However, Saturdays are my cheat day. I eat anything I want in any amount on Saturday. Beginning Sunday mornings I start to modify what I eat some what...kinda a step down day....Monday it's back back to my life style. Obviously I feel better, sleep better, more stamina etc, etc....plus I have 99% new wardrobe!! [emoji38]

So happy to hear you're doing so well, Uncle Bob! Great to see you! [emoji2]

Hiya Miss Beth!!! ~ The short answer is I'm not on a diet! ~ The long answer is....Christmas Day 2015 I told my family I was going to lose 50 lbs. :ermm: They all laughed and said it couldn't be done...well except for my daughter, who knows her daddy's resolve. So I changed my eating habits...watching what I ate and how much....counting calories somewhat at times. On June 11th 2016 I reached my goal. :clap:My weight at that time was kinda an odd number, so I decided I'll lose just a little more to make it round out! ;) So I lost another 15 lbs. So hear I am a total of 65 lbs. down.:cool: Blood work numbers are way down (or in a couple of cases up which is a positive) well within the normal ranges, some medications have been cut in half etc. ~~ I believe if one goes ON a diet, one will get OFF a diet in a lot of cases. So I've changed my eating habits and lifestyle somewhat. However, Saturdays are my cheat day. I eat anything I want in any amount on Saturday. Beginning Sunday mornings I start to modify what I eat some what...kinda a step down day....Monday it's back back to my life style. Obviously I feel better, sleep better, more stamina etc, etc....plus I have 99% new wardrobe!! :LOL:

Well done, UB! I know how hard that is. Good to see you again. That's quite a cheat day menu.

Uncle Bob! So good to see you! Congrats on your weight loss and new lifestyle. I was told I needed to cut many things out of my eating habits (see my signature) and I have realized I can still eat well. I haven't seen the pounds drop yet but you have given me hope! :)

Oh, and while the initials are still the same, you can also see my new first name in my signature! ;)

Good you you!! I knew diet was not the right word....

I went to a cardiologist appt. a few days ago with DH and the doc recommended a vegan diet, for his condition. Whoa. DH has embraced the notion of easing toward a vegan diet, but it has been a challenge for me to figure out, "What's for Dinner"! My pantry is not vegan approved! So I am reading a lot and scrambling to have foods/dishes ready to eat in the frig.

I'm proud of you UB! Good Job. You may be an inspiration for a lot of us!

...The short answer is I'm not on a diet! ~ The long answer is....Christmas Day 2015 I told my family I was going to lose 50 lbs. :ermm: They all laughed and said it couldn't be done...well except for my daughter, who knows her daddy's resolve. So I changed my eating habits...watching what I ate and how much....counting calories somewhat at times. On June 11th 2016 I reached my goal...
Wonderful! and good on ya, Uncle Bob! I'm a believer in the "everything in moderation 'diet'". Once upon a time I took about 40-45 pounds off that way, and it seems almost painless. I think your mentioning this might have given me the virtual kick in the pants to get myself back to doing that.

BTW, love that you lost an extra 15 pounds just to get to a round number. ;)

Back
Top Bottom