Easter dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that sounds really good, lp.

we had dinner at my sister's house. crudite and dip and shrimp cocktail for appys, compliments of one sis.

then, another sis, the hostess, made a delicious ham, stringbeans, baked potatoes, and cornbread.

she asked my wife to make baked ziti, which we brought. i didn't know it at the time, but my wife has never made baked ziti, nor has ever cooked a full sized serving tray of anything.
after she had prepared the dish last night, she asked me how i would have cooked it. i questioned some of the amounts of what she'd added, but since it was too late to make corrections, into the oven it went, and into the fridge an hour or so later.
i looked at it this morning, and was really unsure if it was going to be too dry, especially after reheating.
i think i made my wife feel badly since i told her so, but again, no time, so we brought what i thought was going to be a brick of pasta and cheese. we brought extra sauce just in case.

it turned out to be the best baked ziti i've ever had in my life, which i wasted no time telling dw. over and over and over, to the point where she told me to shut the he11 up already. :chef:

ain't love (and cooking) grand!

happy easter, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom