Ever had a Peanut Butter & Banana sandwich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FarmerMike

Assistant Cook
Am I just odd, or has anyone else ever had a peanut butter & banana sandwich?

The two textures work well together. The mushy banana counteracts the sticky peanut butter.

I like to have 1 layer of generous 1/2" thick pieces of banana instead of 2 layers of thinner pieces.

As a huge peanut-butter eater I have to say of course, FarmerMike. I'lll take 'em any way I can get 'em.

I do not hold with those who prefer that marshmallowy stuff on their peanut butter sandwiches.

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
I never have peanut butter at home, but when I my grandmother is a big pb&j person, so I had plenty of peanut butter and banana sandwiches last week instead.

Grilled ... Elvis' favorite.

I was cooking a BBQ competition in Tryon, N.C. and my team's pit boss insisted that, for a lark, I make pan-fried pb and banana sandwiches for the "Chef's Choice" category. 'Course, going up against champion teams who are entering things like lobster tails and Beef Wellington, my entry didn't score well. But the judges got a kick out of it.

Actually, the sandwiches tasted pretty good!

Lee

LOL well since i grew up kinda ghetto lol My mom use to make them for our lunches... I would switch half with someone who had PB & J and it was a tasty treat

now i toast my bread add PB and then banana top with a lil nutmeg and brown sugar

..... its amazing how we can chef-defy anything LOL

I've been eating them since as far back as I can remember ... about 52+ years ... two slices of bread, a thick layer of PB slathered on one ... a banana peeled, sliced in half (lengthwise) and then cut to length and placed on the PB (usually - one piece top and bottom and the two stubs form the center piece) OR the banana sliced in rings - like in "Nanner Puddin'".

My Nanna never fried 'em ....

Yeah VeraBlue .... PB and Honey .... if I ain't got a 'nanner ...

Last edited:
I love peanut butter so much I even put it on BLTs!!! Now is that good!

I hope someone will do a poll - Creamy??? Crunchy???? Extra Crunchy???? (I'm an old lady and can't figure out these newfangles poll things. ;) )

Lol CJS, although I'm not big on peanut butter and banana, I love peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.:)

My Dad had a friend (Brig Gen. in the Air Force) who used to swear that a sandwich made from French's "prepared yellow mustard" and peanut butter tasted just like potted meat.

As far as I know - Dad never tested the theory.

Do I LOOK crazy? Heck no - I've never tried it, either!!!

LOL ... Jan - as everyone in Atlanta knows ... anything taste a little better with a little pig fat on it!

Last edited:
I like banana sandwiches with just enough mayo to make the banana stick to the bread, and I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but none of it together. I found that if you work hard in the yard (long past the time to come inside and rest) a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk will restore energy faster than most anything.

This thread is killing me. I want a peanut butter and anything sandwich right now...

Hoodia leaves a lot to be desired, ahaha.

Half Baked said:
I love peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.:)
No way!! I love peanut butter, and I love bacon. Hmmm... I am going to try a bacon and peanut butter sandwich tomorrow. Thanks HB... maybe I'll pick up some bananas too.:cool:

My daughter swears she uses the authentic Elvis recipe for peanut butter and banana sandwiches. She puts PB on both slices of bread, slices a banana in coins and sprinkles brown sugar over the lot. THEN, she puts the slices together, butters the outside and grills it. I've tasted it once. It is sinfully good. Yes, she is a little "gordita." But she has fun.

My mom used to always eat banana and mayo sandwiches. Sort of wierd, I always thought. I'll stick to the peanut butter and bananas.

Back
Top Bottom