Father's Day Dinner, June 19th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled up a flank steak that had been marinated with lime juice, cumin, olive oil and garlic. After the marinade it got S&P and a glaze of lime juice, garlic, honey, hoisin sauce and cumin. Total surprise that the glaze didn't burn as I expected. Made some Texas toast and a salad like that wedge of iceburg lettuce with blue cheese, except I used a wedge of romain hart with a side of big ugly tomato quarters.:)

Craig

i would like to live in a small town like that for a year, pac, just to see what it's like. in my oft backwards kind of thinking, i figure giving up lots of well stocked supermarkets from everywhere around the world (and the neighbors to go with them, right on top of you all the time), there must be many other advantages. like peace and quiet, and privacy...
You kill me BT! Privacy in a small town! Yep, you've still got it! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

i would like to live in a small town like that for a year, pac, just to see what it's like. in my oft backwards kind of thinking, i figure giving up lots of well stocked supermarkets from everywhere around the world (and the neighbors to go with them, right on top of you all the time), there must be many other advantages. like peace and quiet, and privacy.

ok, so, happy papa's day to all the dads.

we're going to joe's crab shack for dinner tonight. i've always wanted to go to one. i know it's stupid, but their tv ads always look so good. i sure hope it's not just another red lobster.
seems in a small towne EVERYONE knows your business!! LOL

Hey where is there a joe's crab shack around here? And what kind of food is on the menu besides crab? I like fried fish, raw (1/2 shell) or baked clams.

Happy father's day to all the dads and granddads!!

I made my hubs favorite meal.

Eye Round Roast (rubbed with EVOO, garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary placed on a round rack in cast iron pan and convection roasted), steamed fresh veggies (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots), mashed potatoes (butter, ½ & ½ & sour cream) and burgundy pan gravy.

img_1013764_0_9e7e1b931a202dcf40d5a1a60b348b20.jpg

img_1013764_1_f49381c3113c271d03212e72e2b95a04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eye Round Roast (rubbed with EVOO, garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary placed on a round rack in cast iron pan and convection roasted), steamed fresh veggies (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots), mashed potatoes (butter, ½ & ½ & sour cream) and burgundy pan gravy.

MsM, that could become my favourite meal as well! Looks awesome....as usual!

Last edited by a moderator:
Peepers, why do you always change your font size part way through a post? You're killing my eyes. Between you and my Kindle... :LOL:
Nice of you to make hubby's favorite.

My dinner tonight.

Attachments

• shrimp mole1.jpg
    shrimp mole1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 161
  • shrimp mole2.jpg
    shrimp mole2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 189
Peepers, why do you always change your font size part way through a post? You're killing my eyes..

Pac, the font thing happens often with cut and paste. I actually tried to fix Ms M's for her, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

For Mother's Day, we had an extravagant meal of fresh lobster and porterhouse for her, and lesser steaks for the rest of us, if I recall correctly. I made kebobs with new your strip steak yesterday for guests at our home, with grilled portabelos (sp) that measured 4 inches across, with home made lemonade and home made slaw. I'm the sole cook in my house right now (wife can but doesn't) and so I wanted pure comfort food without any fuss. For dinner tonight, I purchased some frozen, ready made bread dough, and some Koegles hot dogs. I'm having pigs in the blanket, and I'm going to open a can of Van Kamp's pork and beans to go with them. Top it all off with a glass of milk and I'm satisfied. I want something that tastes great from my childhood, and nothing fancy. Breakfast was fried eggs, basted with sausage grease that they fried in, fried sausage patties, toast, and milk.

Sometimes you want steak, and sometimes you want hot dogs. Tonight, I'm digging into those dogs, all wrapped up in that freshly baked bread.:chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Happy father's day to all the dads and granddads!!

Ya know, if there was someone to make it for me, I'd eat that in a minute. About the only thing that might sound better to me would be some fresh brookies, caught from the Ankadosh, cleaned, dusted in flour, and pan fried to perfections, with some french fries on the side.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Pac, the font thing happens often with cut and paste. I actually tried to fix Ms M's for her, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Thanks, LP. I'm not sure what you mean or why you have to fix just her posts, but it sure is weird having the font change part way through to a much smaller size. You would think if she was pasting it from a document it would all stay the same size :huh: At least in MS word it does. That's what I use sometimes.
But anyway...

You got the shrimp! Sorry I didn't make it.....with my asthma attack they wouldn't let me on a plane and I'm not supposed to run for at least a week (not that I could anyway :LOL:).

Sorry they wouldn't let you board the Beaver, I thought it was still dog sled season up there or I wouldn't have asked.

:ROFLMAO:

I am heading to a concert with my daughter tomorrow and she needs a painted par of runining shoes, and we had some ribs steaks with Gorganzola

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
a special happy father's day to you, mr. goodweed. one of the best dad's i've ever known. :) i'm sure spork will back me up on this one.

lol, barbara. i wasn't trying to be funny for once. shows what i know about small town life. :)

seems in a small towne EVERYONE knows your business!! LOL

Hey where is there a joe's crab shack around here? And what kind of food is on the menu besides crab? I like fried fish, raw (1/2 shell) or baked clams.

one opened a few months ago in clifton on allwood road, near route 3.
sadly, i can't report what's on their menu. we pulled in to the parking lot and the place was JAMMED! there were literally dozens of people waiting inside, outside, and more were arriving from all directions of the parking lot every second. the wait for a table had to be 2 hours or more.

lol, it reminds me of a yogi berra-ism. he once said of a popular restaurant, "it's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore..."

btw, very nice din-din, as usual. that gravy looks so rich! yummo!

anyway, we totally changed gears, hopped on 3 to the turnpike, then up 46 to "so moon nan jip" in pal park for korean bbq. we grilled saewoo gui (shrimp), dak gui (marinated chicken), and joo mul look (marinated cubes of steak). and of course the usual banchan.

that was at 5:30-ish, and i'm still stuffed. :pig:

it was fantastic, as usual.

Last edited:
I am heading to a concert with my daughter tomorrow and she needs a painted par of runining shoes, and we had some ribs steaks with Gorganzola

That is the most awesome food picture I have ever seen! Made my day, Rock! Can we get a picture of the finished shoes too? :LOL:

Peepers, why do you always change your font size part way through a post? You're killing my eyes. Between you and my Kindle... :LOL:
Nice of you to make hubby's favorite.

My dinner tonight.

Thanks, LP. I'm not sure what you mean or why you have to fix just her posts, but it sure is weird having the font change part way through to a much smaller size. You would think if she was pasting it from a document it would all stay the same size :huh: At least in MS word it does. That's what I use sometimes.
But anyway...

Sorry they wouldn't let you board the Beaver, I thought it was still dog sled season up there or I wouldn't have asked.

:ROFLMAO:
I DID copy it from MS word. And it happens often. I fix it when I catch it but it doesn't always happen.

Ya know, if there was someone to make it for me, I'd eat that in a minute. About the only thing that might sound better to me would be some fresh brookies, caught from the Ankadosh, cleaned, dusted in flour, and pan fried to perfections, with some french fries on the side.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you.

a special happy father's day to you, mr. goodweed. one of the best dad's i've ever known. :) i'm sure spork will back me up on this one.

lol, barbara. i wasn't trying to be funny for once. shows what i know about small town life. :)

sadly, i can't report what's on their menu. we pulled in to the parking lot and the place was JAMMED! there were literally dozens of people waiting inside, outside, and more were arriving from all directions of the parking lot every second. the wait for a table had to be 2 hours or more.

lol, it reminds me of a yogi berra-ism. he once said of a popular restaurant, "it's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore..."

anyway, we totally changed gears, hopped on 3 to the turnpike, then up 46 to "so moon nan jip" in pal park for korean bbq. we grilled saewoo gui (shrimp), dak gui (marinated chicken), and joo mul look (marinated cubes of steak). and of course the usual banchan.

Where on Allwood? By Styertowne Mall (with the CVS. Is the All American pub gone?) or the other end by the new Stop N Shop? I haven't driven all the way down Allwood lately. The last time I only went down far enough to hang a u'ie to go to the commons.

BTW I lived in Pal Pk for 3 years (we lived 1 block over from The Golden Eagle and I worked at the Park Lane Theater. I met hub there and Eddie Murphy and his gang came in to see a movie) before it went Korean so I really haven't been back in quite awhile.

Back
Top Bottom