Favorite candy bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never been much of a candy "bar" eater. Chocolate is my weakness of choice and my favorite is a small handful of Hershey's Special Dark kisses. I limit myself to 4 kisses at a time. Let them melt slowly in my mouth so I can savor the flavor.

I used to like York peppermint patties until a friend at camp last summer showed me how to make them myself - now I like Laurie's peppermint patties!:rolleyes:

and... would you be willing to tell the rest of us how to make Laurie's patties??

My husband LOVES Yorks!!

would Ft. Knox bars count???? jest kidding........I guess my favorite would be a Snickers but I don't eat chocolate anymore......just don't need the extra calories...Laurie, no one cares what the final posting looks like but it sure would be nice to see the recipe when you find the time.....chocolate mint is my fav ice cream btw

Expatgirl, what do you think about Russian candy. Quite different from American kind. But they are good. I strongly recomend to anybody who has a Russian store near buy to stop buy and taste some Russian candies. Most of them are American made nowadays, but they are made in the best Russian tradition. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

would Ft. Knox bars count???? jest kidding........I guess my favorite would be a Snickers but I don't eat chocolate anymore......just don't need the extra calories...Laurie, no one cares what the final posting looks like but it sure would be nice to see the recipe when you find the time.....chocolate mint is my fav ice cream btw

I really am not worried about what it looks like, I just never get around to it, but here you go, my peppermint patty recipe!

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups 100%.

Cadbury is my favorite for the chocolate though....yum. So creamy.

Candy bars have changed .... so these are based on the way they used to taste circa 1967:

Zero
3 Musketeers (I loved the amount of malt they used to use)
Almond Joy/Mounds
Hershey's bar - plain or with almonds
M&M's
Reese's Peanut butter Cups
Nestle's Crunch

I love Skor too, but also Snickers, Reeses Pieces, butterfinger (original and crunch), Take 5, and Rolo rank up there with me as well.
Then again there aren't many candy bars made that I didn't like! Whacamacalits are pretty cool too!

I used to love Cup of Gold bars and Idaho Spuds (don't think either are made anymore). I don't really eat many candy bars anymore, but when I do, I have to agree with BuckyTom and go for a Cadbury Fruit and Nut bar.

Oh man how do I choose ??

Skor, Heath, Snickers, 100,000 Grand
Whatchamacalit (s/p?), Hershey's,
Krackle etc...

I'm addicted to Three Musketeers bars. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not that you can't buy them in New Zealand!

Other than that - milky way's, moro bars and dark chocolate M&M's would get my vote

3 Musketeers and Almond Joy probably top my list. I adore Rolos too. But I can't even think about Reeses P-nut Butter Cups. I don't know what it is because I love peanut butter and I love chocolate - but together just seems wrong to me. Heck, I've never even eaten one because I hate the idea of those 2 things together. I know, I know - I have issues.

Back
Top Bottom