Favorite meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Just food talk, like the forum says.
This has to be one of my favorite meals; Steak, grilled potatoes, something green and some garlic bread.

Today I picked up a couple fresh ribeyes at the place I bought a front quarter from last fall. Also some broccoli. Here's one of the ribeyes resting with some salt, pepper and very little montreal steak seasoning (one side only).
a%20seasoned%20ribeye.JPG

I fixed some potatoes for the grill. Cut in half, scored, nuked for a couple minutes, then seasoned with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and chile powder. EVOO in the foil pan and butter on top.
a%20seasoned%20potatoes.JPG

The potatoes coming along
a%20grilling%20potatoes.JPG

Time for the steak, too. I got that first flip in and it's ready to strain the broccoli and add some EVOO and slivered almonds. The potatoes were on cruise control by this time.
a%20grillin'.JPG

a%20broccoli.JPG

Dinner is plated. Along with some bread I spread EVOO on, grilled while the steak was resting, then rubbed with a fresh clove of garlic.
a%20plated%20steak%20&%20potatoes.JPG

It wouldn't be right not to show a cut piece. Pink, just like I like it.
(sans flash)
a%20cut%20steak%20no%20flash.JPG

Keepin' it simple ;)

Oops, almost forgot the pic of my "possessed" poochies, waiting in the other room whilst I was busy:)

a%20my%20poochies%20waiting.JPG

Picanis,
I need to thank you for making my favorite meal just the way I like it. However, I do feel the need to complain about the service as it still has not arrived!
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

This WILL be effecting your tip if it does not arrive soon, with a good stout red ale to go along with it!
:-p

Thanks pds!

On it's way, Buddy. My pup swore to me he would see to it that it was delivered personally. :rolleyes:
Wait...... are they back already? :LOL:

Great goodness!!! What an awesome looking meal! And I just ate and my mouth is watering!!! I definately have to try the grilled taters!!!!

Now I am really diggin the pic of your fur-kids!!!! Love IT!

Good photos Pacanis - food and hounds! I was planning a steak sandwich for lunch. Your photo has made me look at the clock and as it is now lunchtime here, I guess it is time to get cracking!! LOL

LOL - I have too many "favorites" to pick just one! ;)

Ain't that the truth, but this one is my standby meal, so it gets made the most, though not usually with a steak that thick :LOL:
It wins by sheer repetition.

You'll love the potatoes this way, sattie. You can season them so many ways using anything you would put on your steak, grate cheese on them, with or without sour cream.... they are like thick potato skins and I always make extra to nuke the next day.

Back
Top Bottom