favorite salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
mine is caesar salad with lots of croutons and some cashews.

Im not much for the cesar but let's see...

Garden or chef's salad (without THAT much cold cuts and cheese) drenched in italian, lime juice or balsamic.

Diced cucombers, carrots and celery bathed in lime juice and hot sauce.

My roomies salad with craizins (cranberry raisins), bleu cheese and italian dressing.

i like a mix of greens (mixed baby greens, early pick baby spinach, iceberg, romaine), cheese (bleu or brie or seriously sharp white cheddar), meat (usually roast beef), nuts, (usually almonds or brazil nuts, walnuts or pecans, or hazelnuts), fruit (dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, or red grapes, or a blend), and a clear dressing like sweet and sour or Italian..

Chinese chicken

ceasar with polenta croutons
in summer when I have home grown tomatoes I love chunked up stale french bread, tomatoes, sweet red onion thinly sliced, some diced avocado and dressed with evoo and balsamic
kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Chinese chicken

ceasar with polenta croutons
in summer when I have home grown tomatoes I love chunked up stale french bread, tomatoes, sweet red onion thinly sliced, some diced avocado and dressed with evoo and balsamic

That sounds very very good.

This is embarrassing because I don't even know what it is called. I think lettuce is the only veggie but it has lots of hard boiled eggs and the dressing has a sweet and sour taste and I think it has milk in it. My choir director at church brings it to covered dish events and I keep forgetting to ask for the recipe.

Bangbang said:
That sounds very very good.
Thanks Bang, I love tomatoes, but they have to be from my garden. I refuse to buy the bars of gold they sell in the supermarket as tomatoes:LOL: I can make a meal off of this salad..

I have a salad for lunch almost every day.
It's a mix of spring greens, red onion, cucumber and celery topped with good quality Italian tuna packed in olive oil. I use the oil from the tuna and a little lemon juice for the dressing. Oh yes, lots of salt and pepper.
It's yummy.
Lyndalou

Hmm... I dont know if it counts but talk is cheap so I might as well say it. I love salad sandwiches. There was a coffee shop for example where I used to get a great sandwich which was lettuce, cucombers, thick tomato slice, sprouts and a few more veggies with whatever salad dressing you want served on the side in a little cup. Likewise I'll often have sandwiches with nothing but salad in 'em, like LT's (lettuce and tomato in a hoagie roll with some cheese or something) or cucomber and mayo sandwiches.

Oh, and while I said Im not a fan of a cesar salad, I do enjoy a chicken cesar wrap.

Lugaru said:
Hmm... I dont know if it counts but talk is cheap so I might as well say it. I love salad sandwiches. There was a coffee shop for example where I used to get a great sandwich which was lettuce, cucombers, thick tomato slice, sprouts and a few more veggies with whatever salad dressing you want served on the side in a little cup. Likewise I'll often have sandwiches with nothing but salad in 'em, like LT's (lettuce and tomato in a hoagie roll with some cheese or something) or cucomber and mayo sandwiches.

Oh, and while I said Im not a fan of a cesar salad, I do enjoy a chicken cesar wrap.
i love salad sandwiches too,make them at home all the time...

kadesma said:
Thanks Bang, I love tomatoes, but they have to be from my garden. I refuse to buy the bars of gold they sell in the supermarket as tomatoes:LOL: I can make a meal off of this salad..

Yep....most all those tomatoes suck. However I like the ones on the vine. We grow tomatoes here every year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom