favorite sort of restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
and what's your least favorite?

my fave is sushi and places that sell things like rack of lamb and filet mignon.
i hate the places that have all of that buffet-style food.
when it comes to fast food, i like long john silver's, or a burger from mcD's.

The Coyote Bar & Grill in Blairsden, CA is on the top of my list for restaurants. My favorite dish is the filet mignon. I cannot really think of a restaurant that I don't like. Certain restaurants I will not go back to because of poor service, lousy food, etc. As far as fast food goes: Taco Bell, Carl's Juniors, Mountain Mike's Pizza, or KFC.

something like olive garden or even ihop if i'm in the mood for breakfast.
for fast food almost anything.

I have tried sushi and I love it! Only place around here that has it is a seasonal restaurant. I can't think of any other place that I have been to that offers it, but I could be wrong. They probably do in the nearby bigger cities.

There is a restaurant in Erie, PA, I love! It's called the Roadhouse. You can watch them grilling your steaks. They're table cloths are just brown paper (like paper bag paper). And they serve you a metal pail of peanuts to start out. They also have my fav beer on draft, Killians!

It would be a rustic log or rough cut construction on the shores of a pristine lake, with a beautiful view. It wouldn't have a trendy menu, just good basic American stuff (cheesburgers, pizza for lunch - ribeyes, prime rib and seafood for dinner). The beer would be ice cold in the summer and there would be hot chocolates and hot toddies in the winter. The waitresses would - oh well, use your own imagination on that one.

Sushi restaurants are my favorite. My least favorite are big chains. Some are OK, but I find that most of the big chains really cater to the lowest common denominator. The food is usually not that great, but it appeals to a large number of people. I also am sick of restaurants that are decorated the same way, like the ones who hand tons of old roadsigns and traffic lights and stuff on the walls. That was kind of cool 15 years ago, but enough is enough.

Otter said:
It would be a rustic log or rough cut construction on the shores of a pristine lake, with a beautiful view. It wouldn't have a trendy menu, just good basic American stuff (cheesburgers, pizza for lunch - ribeyes, prime rib and seafood for dinner). The beer would be ice cold in the summer and there would be hot chocolates and hot toddies in the winter. The waitresses would - oh well, use your own imagination on that one.

Otter, I'm right there with 'ya - (well, except for the waitress part.... let's say there's waiters there too)

How about having a nice italian place next door - the kind that adds extra fat grams and has the best tiramisu....

Otter, I'm right there with 'ya - (well, except for the waitress part.... let's say there's waiters there too)

Naturally there would be a few hunky waiters for the gals. :LOL:

There used to be an italian place like that here... and of course I can't remember the name. The italian people lived up above that owned the restaurant. You had to walk on a sidewalk, downhill, walk down some stairs, and enter in through this back door. The place was very plain inside, but decorated with artwork from the owners relatives that had passed on. There were always fresh flowers on the table, even if they were only daisies. The manicotti, veal parmesan, eggplant parmesan, and of course spaghetti was out of this WORLD!. They never hired anyone outside the family to work there.. waitresses, etc. About 8 years ago, a fire was started in the kitchen and destroyed the place. The people are okay and most of their house was too.. but they didn't have the energy to start over again.. they moved out of town somewhere.

The kind of restaurants I don't like are the ones where the servers seem like they are reading from a script when they wait on you.... they just seem very plastic and artificial.

I like the restaurant employees to show their real personality, not the management's scripted manners.

My favorites are italian,mideastern,chinese,and mexican restaurants that displays decor and music that matches its specific culture. I don't really care for the Fast Food(except Mcdonalds,and White Castles). I hate KFC because of the service but love the chicken. Red Lobster sucks. Red Robins burgers and fries rock :!: Every time I eat aat a buffet I say its the last time. Bigboys has great onion rings to eat while reading the paper. I eat alot at Delis that serve those giant corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. I am drooling now. I guess I am on my way to the Deli for a hot Pastrami and corned beef sandwich with a bit of yellow mustard and a pickle.

Small mom & pop restaurants run by immigrants and featuring their native cuisine. Just about any cuisine. I can do steaks and burgers and anything on the Weber myself.

I love a restaurant that offers seasonal menu changes. I appreciate a waitstaff that doesn't look they are in a circus. I look for linen napkins and table cloths and I especially like a real wine glass - not those stipid tulip stem glasses that would work better as an eye cup.

I like a restaurant with atmosphere - That's when I give up my "need" for linens....like at seafod places with the brown paper table covers, or late night bars that have a grill for the best steak sandwich you ever had in your life.

I like service, Its why I went out in the first place - a real smile, some personality...Like when the waiter said "I won't let you have that dish, the chef throws cilantro in it like its confetti!"

I have lots of criteria for Favorite restaurants - It depends on what happened when I went there for the first time...Just my take

I cannot really say I have one favorite restaruant. I like a variety of foods from most all countries. I look for good service, friendly servers and value. I am fussy and cook every night from scratch so I can get rather critical in a restaurant.

There is a place in Naperville Illinois called Sakura of Tokyo. They have the BEST sushi I have had!
1.gif
Its better than a good relationship!

norgeskog said:
I cannot really say I have one favorite restaruant. I like a variety of foods from most all countries. I look for good service, friendly servers and value. I am fussy and cook every night from scratch so I can get rather critical in a restaurant.

Exactly! I am too critical in most restaurants unless I see some aspect of heart and soul - Like the small restaurant in Irving, NY - been around since the 30's or 40's....and the cook is in her 80's!

They know me and ask about my parents, my sister's kids and coax me out of my usual fried chicken dinner (not happening). The bartender is great and makes me a perfect vodka martini....I sip it on the porch, in a rocker while my table is being preped.

That's it! I am going there tomorrow! Pizzolanti's, here I come! LOL@me

BigKnife said, "I like service, Its why I went out in the first place - a real smile, some personality...Like when the waiter said "I won't let you have that dish, the chef throws cilantro in it like its confetti!".

stupid quote button went all funky on me.

I totally agree.. like if they wouldn't eat it, they wouldn't serve it to someone else.

I have had some of the best meals I've ever had at little out of the way mom and pop resturants we've discovered while out taking long car rides. Simple decor and friendly service are just a part of it. I'm not one for fancy resturants I just don't feel comfortable there even though I could fit in with the best of them. I'd rather eat in a place where if I want to relax and lean into a conversation I don't want to worry that my elbows may or may not be on the table :D

Favorite Fast Foods: McDonalds, Fazoli's, Arby's, and Wendy's.

Back
Top Bottom