Favorite thing to cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pouncermom,

Wow, that's not an easy question. I'd have to say my favorite thing to make is bread, but to say what kind would be nearly impossible. Making fresh pasta also comes very close.

As far as a meal goes, this would incorporate my favorites:

- Freshly baked bread
- Grilled Porterhouse and Scampi and Asparagus with Bechamel Sauce (grilling out is always a fun event!)
- And Homemade Caramel-Toffee ice cream

Yeah, that would be fun to cook :)

Gruss,
Jason

Last edited:
I love grilling. A few times every summer I buy enough meat to fill my entire fridge and freezer , and then grill until I run out of coals or propane. Steaks, various fish, terriyaki pork skewers, ka-bobs, grilled veggies, corn, potatoes, rotisserie chickens, BBQ chicken breast on the bone, Terriyaki wings.... the list goes on and on and on, and I eat like a king for weeks and weeks and weeks :D

This new company I am contracting with has a policy called Meet Five for their employees, and every employee has to document meeting 5 new people within the company every week and asking them a bunch of dumb questions. Well, being the FNG (new guy), and having a cubicle in a corner where I can't escape when I see someone coming with a notepad in hand, I am hit up pretty often, and one of the usual questions is "what is your favorite food?" I just look at them and say "I love all different kinds of food. Name a cuisine, and I can tell you my favortie food in THAT cuisine." Same with this question: Name a cuisine, and I will tell you my favourite thing to cook in THAT cuisine.

I LOVE making soups, it is a great stress reducer for me.

Grilling is always fun to do.

AS far as meals go, there are to many to list...

everything

i love to cook everything i do not like to bake much but i will sometimes

i prefer not to have to measure.

i love to cook with heavy cream, butter, garlic and different mustards
wines fresh herbs and apple juice.

but best of all is when my picky girls say that is good, or mom will you
make ____ whatever it is then i knew they liked it if the remembered it.

Even though it's just my husband & myself, I think I most enjoy cooking our holiday meals - the Thanksgiving turkey & trimmings, the Xmas Roast Goose & trimmings, the New Years Day Cassoulet, etc., etc.

As far as simple meals, I think my favorites are the simple chicken braises - various chicken parts in one or another delicious different ethnic braising sauce. Rice or noodles & a green salad, & a delicious dinner is on the table.

Rhubarb

:heart: My favorite thing to cook is anything rhubarb. Cakes, pies, bars, even rhubarb pizza. Yummy!!! Luckily I grow my own rhubarb. That way I can freeze it , so I have it year round. JoAnn

I love to cook everything. But my favorite thing to cook is the recipe that come out perfect, no matter what it is.

If pinned down, I love to make things that are spectacular, like a crown roast, or a Dutch Baby. I love making layer cakes with 5 or 6 layers, and barbecued turkeys. I like my food to look not just good, but incredible. Unfortunately, due to time and money constraints, incredible comes only a few times a year. That's why I usualy go for flavor and quality.

My only never-fail recipes are 1rst, pancakes, 2nd, meats - especially on the grill, and 3rd, potato recipes (and the last is ironic because I perfected my potato techniques and then found out I am diabetic, which rules out potatoes for me. But my family loves 'em:) . Oh, one more. My baked beans are successful as well.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I don't really have a favorite thing to cook. What i like to cook is the things that people will like and enjoy, so it is up to the them to decide what I would cook.

As ingredients to use, ricotta and mushrooms. They are so versatile and I can do so many wonderful things.

From a bit wider perspective, pasta and risotto, also for their versatility and room for experiments.

Favorite thing to cook

I like to make soups, stews and casseroles from bits and peices in the refrigerator. The only draw back is that I can rarely replicate something my husband really likes

pouncermom said:
What is your favorite thing to cook? Either simple or difficult.
Latley its been fajitas because it makes my kitchen smell so good!

I always enjoy making a pizza in my outdoor wood-fired pizza oven.:cool:

wow if i had 2 choose i would choose cake any kind chocolate white yellow red velvet any cake is cool with me!:cool:

favorite thing to cook

pouncermom said:
What is your favorite thing to cook? Either simple or difficult.
My favorite thing to cook is Louisiana Red Beans & Rice:Drop 1 lb. dried red kidney beans in boiling water & boil briskly for 2 minutes. Turn off heat & let beans soak for 1 hour. Next, melt 4 Tablesps. butter in large heavy pot and saute 1 cup finely chopped scallions(with tops),1/4 cup finely chopped onion,1 rib celery;chopped and 1 teasp. finely-chopped garlic. Don't let this brown; just saute until soft.Add your soaked beans, along with their liquid to this pot, along with 2 smoked ham hocks.Next, add1 teasp. salt or adobo seasoning,1 bay leaf, 1/2 teasp. ground black pepper, 1/2 teasp. ground cayenne pepper ( or to taste), 1/4 teasp. cumin powder. Bring this all to a boil then lower to a medium-simmer. While pot is simmering, fry 1 lb. sausage ( the best sausage is real Andouille. If you can't find it, a good italian sweet sausage is a perfectly good substitute) Fry sausage light brown, seperating & crumbling it with cooking spoon, all the while. Add 1/4 cup water to fry-pan, scrape all bits from pan bottom & add this to bean-pot. Simmer slowly, partially covered, for about 3 hours or until beans are very soft & have a nice, thick juice surrounding them. Remove ham hocks, cool a little then remove all meat from them & stir it back into pot.Add just 2 drops of bottled liquid smoke to bean pot & stir well. Remove bay leaf. Serve over fluffy white rice. Serves 4 to 6 persons.

Honestly, I think this the most delicious recipe i've come across, for cajun cooking. I make it often and there's never any left ( which is a good sign!). Enjoy, wills53

This is hard. I have things I love to cook/bake and I also have things I love to eat but hate to cook/bake.

I'd have to say trying something NEW is my fave. Tonight I made my own marinade for chicken and loved it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom