February's First kitchen Effort....2/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have about 2+ feet of snow, and it's still coming down.

Grilled cheese (Velveeta on homemade bread) and tomato soup.

grilled_cheese_tomato_soup_020121_IMG_7684.jpg

The storm of the year is raging outside. We're due 12"-16" overnight. I made a recipe of Chinese pepper steak which we had over sesame rice.

D099B7C3-7509-434F-A114-7B3AF2450151_1_105_c.jpg

Not pretty, but I took a picture anyway. Dirty rice and collard greens.

Attachments

• 2021-02-01 19.20.55.jpg
    2021-02-01 19.20.55.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 49
I have a vat of Mom's ham and bean soup recipe simmering on the stove. Since it's always better the next day, tonight we dipped into two leftover soup tubs. Himself just finished the minestrone. I've been working on the barley-mushroom one.

We have roughly 3 inches of snow, which means the world has shut down here. :LOL:

Frank made spaghetti with a spicy sausage sauce. His sous chef watched every move he made. The best part: Dinner was in the dining room WITH soft ambient light! :heart:

Attachments

• 2021-02-01 (1).jpg
    2021-02-01 (1).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 2021-02-01.jpg
    2021-02-01.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 49
Kathleen, what is your pretty sous-chef's name?

We had the last of the Italian white bean and sausage toast with whole grain wheat bread. I had mine toasted. DH just had his with butter. I added a few drops of Grace hot pepper sauce (Jamaican style) to my bowl of soup. That was a really nice touch.

Last edited:
Kathleen, what is your pretty sous-chef's name?

We had the last of the Italian white bean and sausage toast with whole grain wheat bread. I had mine toasted. DH just had his with butter. I added a few drops of Grace hot pepper sauce (Jamaican style) to my bowl of soup. That was a really nice touch.
Mina-Bean! She is like a string bean as she is pretty skinny. We have two rescue cats. The other is Jezebel. Jez only likes men. [emoji38]

The Italian white bean and sausage toast sounds good. Is it a spread?

Mina-Bean! She is like a string bean as she is pretty skinny. We have two rescue cats. The other is Jezebel. Jez only likes men. [emoji38]

The Italian white bean and sausage toast sounds good. Is it a spread?

:doh: D'oh! That should have said white bean and sausage soup. I wonder how I managed to put the word "toast" there.

Back
Top Bottom