FEED ME!!! Sat. June 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Finally, great weekend weather.

I'm firing up the Weber kettle and grilling some great looking ribeyes. I'm also making some roasted potatoes and string beans to round out the meal.

What's going to be on your table?

Not sure yet. I just sauteed some sliced portabellas and vidalias, may have to find something to go with 'em, perhaps on the Weber.

Ha! DH tasted the 'shrooms and proclaimed they would taste great on a burger. Will grind up some chuck, maybe grill another couple Black and Blue burgers.

Last edited:
For once I'm not the one doing the cooking on a Saturday. We'll be heading over to my daughter's house in the valley to catch the Maimi/Boston basketball, LA/Jersey hockey, and the Pacqiao/Bradley bout.
Carne asada, Argentinian chorizos, corn, etc...will be coming off the grill, I think.
There will be plenty of Mexican beer but I think I will be sticking to just wine from TD's.

Four to five ounces (each) of Linguini with aglio e olio, funghi, and red pepper flakes, topped with a few tablespoons of freshly grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano; followed up with some steamed spinach and sauteed rapini.

Last edited:
I put in the window air conditioners today. Ahhh -- Much better. I'm about to fire up the Weber and grill a few chix wings for dinner tonight and a marinated breast for tomorrow. Going to brush the wings with regular bottled bbq sauce-- I haven't use this in awhile. There is also leftover potato salad -- to which I will add a few more raw veggies.

I put in the window air conditioners today. Ahhh -- Much better. I'm about to fire up the Weber and grill a few chix wings for dinner tonight and a marinated breast for tomorrow. Going to brush the wings with regular bottled bbq sauce-- I haven't use this in awhile. There is also leftover potato salad -- to which I will add a few more raw veggies.
Sorry to hear Minneapolis - St. Paul is already so warm or humid as to require A/C.

Seasoned chicken leg quarters, roasted, along with cauliflower. I wish we had the stuff for salads, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. :yum:

Leftovers. Went to a 50th anniversary party this afternoon so not very hungry. I heated up the taco meat and made a salad.

Dawgluver said:
Not sure yet. I just sauteed some sliced portabellas and vidalias, may have to find something to go with 'em, perhaps on the Weber.

Ha! DH tasted the 'shrooms and proclaimed they would taste great on a burger. Will grind up some chuck, maybe grill another couple Black and Blue burgers.

OMG. My little grinder came up with the best chuck burgers! Grilled 'em on the hibachi, topped with the bellas and vidalias. Got some apples with brown sugar, allspice and butter in the coals now. :yum:

Last edited:
I spent all day (10 AM - 6 PM) working in the yard today..and was exhausted so SO suggested pizza and wings. Who am I to refuse two of my favorites!! I made my wings extra-hot with the hot sauce I got for my birthday...:devilish:

Went to a BBQ so a couple different things..

A Steak
Grilled Mushrooms & Asparagus
Pieces of Avocado (stole some before they turned it into guac lol)
Salad w/ fresh Parmesan and bacon bits
and shrimp w/ shrimp sauce

That was the only stuff there sans eggs. It seemed to be an egg theme today lol

Whenever I fire up the coals, I make enough food for at least two meals. I hate to say it, but I'm not that fond of grilling pork ribs (I LOVE doing beef ribs). But husband requested and I dry-rubbed a rack of pork ribs (baby back). Is this going to sound stupid or what? They were too meaty and lean! Not fatty enough. We had one each (I'm not kidding about too meaty), and I froze the rest to use in beans or something.

On the other hand, once the coals are hot, I always prepare for other meals. In this case a cheap beef roast I'd marinaded in my favorite. Onions & Butter in foil (an old family favorite) and baby beets in foil (the farmer's market). Halved some zucchini, and took them and some corn and rolled in seasonings and olive oil.

The ribs were not a hit, but I'm here to tell you the veggies were!

I'd also marinaded a little beef roast in my favorite soy based marinade, and when all of supper was off the grill, stuck it on.

When I took it off, I let it sit for a half hour or so, meaning to slice and use in various dishes over the next week or three. As I was slicing, husband smelled it and asked for a snitch. Huh? Heck, he paid for it. he ate it and I said, next time we stick to beef, huh? (I'd bought both beef and pork ribs, the latter at his request, and the beef ribs went into the freezer). He agreed with me.

Garden Salad, Tomatoes and Grilled Mexican BBQ Chicken. Friday night I mixed 2 Tablespoons of my home mixture Taco sauce with a cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Today I marinated the Chicken Breast for 1 hour before cooking. The picture is not great but you can still see the Chicken. I will do that again, it was tasty.:yum::yum::yum:
View attachment 13880

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom